Rockler King and Ha

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Snapped this pic a couple weeks ago in Pasadena. It makes no sense, and has no significance, but I thought I'd share...

Rockler King and Ha.jpg

:p

Woodworking and Hardware, I guess there is part of the sign burned out. :D

In my hometown there is a large Drugstore, called "LONDON DRUGS" they had part of their sign go out, so it just said "ON DRUGS" :D :rofl:

Yes, I'm easy to amuse.... :rolleyes:

What, with one of the biggest populations in the United States you southern cal boys don't have a neon sign repair shop nearby? What gives? I think that is one of the largest partially working signs I have ever seen. Its kind of like Wheel of Fortune in trying to figure out what they were trying to spell without the cute woman in a short skirt flipping letters. :)

Here is some help though...

http://www.flynnsigns.com/

There's a church I drive by going to and from the office that's missing a letter in the side of the building. It SAYS:

FIRST METHOD ST CHURCH

I keep looking for Method Street. :rolleyes:

It's kinda funny, the one time I was in that Rockler, their layout was so disorganized, I'm not surprised to see their sign goofed up as well. I mean that is a funny-way. Great pic. I get a kick out of stuff like that.

The sign I like best is one you see at the Logan International Airport in Boston. It makes perfect sense in a way, but...

Vehicles yield to aircraft!!

That's sorta like the SHELL gas station sign at the edge of town that had the 'S' burned out----I always wondered what the drunks thought when they saw that sign all lit up!!

Nancy

It's kinda funny, the one time I was in that Rockler, their layout was so disorganized, I'm not surprised to see their sign goofed up as well.
Heh. I had a discussion with a Rockler manager in Texas when I was there on vacation. I commented that I had no trouble finding anything, because it was laid out exactly like the store I usually go to in California (Orange). He said the corporate people tell them in excruciating detail where stuff goes in the store, regardless of whether he (or John Q. Customer) thinks the layout makes sense.

Of course the prototype for all signs of this type is the old play and TV show, "Hot L Baltimore". :thumb:

(The flip-side is the Benny Hill bit where the sign for "Psychotherapist" inadvertently gets a couple of strategically-placed spaces added to it.)

Last edited:
Heh. I had a discussion with a Rockler manager in Texas when I was there on vacation. I commented that I had no trouble finding anything, because it was laid out exactly like the store I usually go to in California (Orange). He said the corporate people tell them in excruciating detail where stuff goes in the store, regardless of whether he (or John Q. Customer) thinks the layout makes sense.

They must have been remodeling or something because the San Diego and Ontario stores are laid out great ;-)

Well played, Mr. Page.

I think one of my favorite Albuquerque gas station signs was for the Bar-F station at Eubank and about Constitution. Any way I read the sign, it said Barf.

They tore down the old Barf a couple of years ago and put up a Panda Xpress. I live about 2 miles directly east of there. This town is changing so fast you probably wouldn’t recognize it today.

They tore down the old Barf a couple of years ago and put up a Panda Xpress. I live about 2 miles directly east of there. This town is changing so fast you probably wouldn’t recognize it today.
Didn't realize you lived that close to my old stomping grounds. Grew up around Moon and Snowheights, then lived around Chelwood and Constitution for a while. My dad and sister live in the Chelwood and Menaul area. I get back there once or twice every year, and it's been interesting seeing how much it's changed over the past 16 or 17 years that I've been out here in La La Land.

It's a small world. I'm about a block from Chelwood and Constitution. My step-daughter & husband live on Snowhights off of Morris.
So when are you coming to town next?

Last edited:
It's a small world. I'm about a block from Chelwood and Constitution. My step-daughter & husband live on Snowhights off of Morris.
My sister just moved a few months ago from 10417 Prospect...walking distance from your step-daughter's place.

So when are you coming to town next?
Not sure at this point. We didn't make it back there for the holidays this year due to LOML's mom's failing health. As soon as we get a chance, we'll be there, though. Just don't know when it'll be.