New Planer!!

On Saturday, I picked up my new "used" Delta 13" 2-Speed planer. The SMC member that I bought it from took excellent care of it, so she sparkled after a quick cleaning when I got home. This tool is a workhorse! I used it a bit yesterday, and it was great. I'm hoping to put a Wixey height guage on it this week. :thumb:

2203659681_88f181793d.jpg

- Keith

Keith,

Nice score! :thumb:

I have the same model and really like it. If you didn't get a dust chute with it, spend the $24 and get one, and get it hooked up to a DC. This thing generates lot-o-chips!

Keith,

Nice score! :thumb:

I have the same model and really like it. If you didn't get a dust chute with it, spend the $24 and get one, and get it hooked up to a DC. This thing generates lot-o-chips!

I forgot to mention that the dust chute came with the planer. I need to flip the two blades over, which will give me brand new sharp steel to work with.

All for the low, low price of $225. :thumb: :D

- Keith

I forgot to mention that the dust chute came with the planer. I need to flip the two blades over, which will give me brand new sharp steel to work with.

All for the low, low price of $225. :thumb: :D

- Keith
Sounds like a great deal. That's about what I paid for the little brother to yours, the 12 1/2" Delta Snipemaster. Congrats on the new acquisition. :thumb:

Considering how much s4s lumber costs, a planer pays for itself real fast. I just have a cheap o Delta 12 inch, but man has that thing paid for itself. I drove 750 feet of 10 inch wide Ash through it for my hardwood floors, that paid for itself right there.

I wonder how many feet of lumber my 13" Craftsman planer has seen? I would estimate my planer has paid for itself twice at least. It wasn't cheap ($349, but it keeps on cutting. Checked the brushes yesterday, they have tons of life left, so was happy with that.

A good tip is now and then a little shop air into the motor to get that dust out of there. Heat kills these motors, so try to keep it cool. Nice score!:thumb:

Keith make sure you post pictures w/the Wixey on it. I have the same planer, but
was not sure where to mount it. As I would like one for mine.

Hey Les! I snagged this picture from the Wixey website. It looks like the gauge mounts on the right side of the planer. Hopefully it's as easy as it looks... :huh:

- Keith

Attachments

• 22-580_Wixey.jpg
    22-580_Wixey.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 24
On Saturday, I picked up my new "used" Delta 13" 2-Speed planer. The SMC member that I bought it from took excellent care of it, so she sparkled after a quick cleaning when I got home. This tool is a workhorse! I used it a bit yesterday, and it was great. I'm hoping to put a Wixey height guage on it this week. :thumb:

2203659681_88f181793d.jpg

- Keith

Nice pickup Keith. I am going to make this a one time offer. How about switching that nice long infeed table for the one on my older Dewalt? :D