• New York Giants

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Don't care, my team isn't in it.

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • You call this football?

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm on the fence just a little bit. My Team is the Giants, born and bred. However, I'm a fan of the game enough to think that if the Pats go 19-0 it would be a pretty cool thing as well. I can't root for them, but I'll appreciate the season they put up if they win.

I like Hockey, but football, baseball and basketball don't interest me a bit.

Now I say that, and yet I laugh. My wife's aunt has some stocks in the local Basketball team...the Boston Celtics. So last year when Alyson was born, she gave some of her stocks to Alyson. Well for years the Celtics have been kind of crappy, but this year they are doing really well. So if you think about it, an 18 month old girl that still soils diapers owns the best basketball team in the country. Kind of funny huh?

Okay, maybe not funny as in ha-ha, but still funny. Just as long as it helps pay for her college, I'm laughing!! :)

If the Pats win will they be tainted by cheating scandal? :huh:The Jets think so.:rofl: I'm for the Football Giants.:thumb::thumb:

There is a very long story regarding that. It all started at the end of last season when the Patriots caught the jets video taping their calls. Bill went to the NFL and the NFL shrugged their shoulders. In the off season Bill again asked them what the NFL planed to do regarding video taping games, and again they shrugged their shoulders. Bill got upset at this, that is having a rule and not enforcing it.

So when he found out the first game the Pats played this year was against the Jets, he told the NFL he was going to video tape the Jets and that would force them to do something. And that is just what it did. And really just what the NFL needed. They made Bill an example and fined him a huge amount of money, but it sent a message to all coaches that they were now taking this rule seriously. At the same time the Pats and Bill proved that they never needed to cheat in order to win. They are obviously a good team whether you hate them or love them.

The story has been out quite awhile and its widely regarded that there was no real cheating going on. Bill made the rule breaking so outlandishly obvious that it forced the NFL's hand and ended up cleaning up the game in the long run. The Jets of course would rather have the Pats come out looking like cheaters rather then them.

JOKE:

Three quarterbacks, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo and Tom Brady, go to heaven to visit God to watch the Celtics play a game. God decides who will sit next to him by asking the boys a question... God asks Peyton Manning first: "What do you believe?" Peyton thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, "I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I was lucky, but I always tried to do right by my fans." God can't help but see the essential goodness of Manning, and offers him a seat to his left. Then God turns to Tony Romo and says, "What do you believe?" Tony says, "I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I've always tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing fields." God is greatly moved by Tony's sincere eloquence, and he offers him a seat to his right. Finally, God turns to Tom Brady: "And you, Tom, what do you believe?" Tom replies, "I believe you're in my seat."

"So when he found out the first game the Pats played this year was against the Jets, he told the NFL he was going to video tape the Jets and that would force them to do something. "

Now I know the rest of the story. Thanks

I love football, but this year's Super Bowl is going to be one big long YAWN.

I am sick of hearing about the Patriots perfect season. Back when football "really" mattered to me the Dolphins achieved the perfect the season I was mesmorized by all the players. Larry Csonka Mercury Morris, Bob Griese, Paul Warfield (an ex 1960's Super Bowl Packer) Nick Buoniconti (sp?) and the rest were idols of that preteen and teenage generation.

Today, Game cube, wii, Nintendo and the internet rule...

My kids have no interest in NFL football, not like I did back in the early 70's growing up.

Joe