Nascar

Will Toyota make an impact this year in Nascar?

• Yes, but will not win any races.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Yes, and will win at least one race.

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No, it will be a repeat of last year.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Toyota in Nascar, are you serious?

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Toyota's ran strong during Daytona testing last week.
I voted at least one win and probably more than that. Gibbs Racing will make it happen.
MWR might even pull one off......nah.

COT is a joke? Basically you're right (IMO), all the car bodies are the same. Its up to the engine builders this year, who can tweak that extra horsepower and not get caught doing it.

With that being said, I'm still a Tony Stewart fan and now I can finally put a decal on my Tacoma truck.

COTF? MWR? :dunno: WTH?:huh:

COTF/COT= Car of the future/Car of tomorrow

MWR= Michael Waltrip Racing

WTH= Where's the h@@ters

Last edited:
I think Joe Gibbs Racing will do the same for Toyota as he did for the Redskins and that is build a winning team. It might take a few years but he should get a win or two this season.

I haven't really followed NASCAR since they stopped welding doors shut - so it's been a while. I don't think Toyota will make any more of a difference than any other make since the reality is the brands are only stickers and a big check.:rolleyes: More has to do with the talent of the teams and drivers versus sponsors.

Just my opinion,
Wes

I haven't really followed NASCAR since they stopped welding doors shut - so it's been a while. I don't think Toyota will make any more of a difference than any other make since the reality is the brands are only stickers and a big check.:rolleyes: More has to do with the talent of the teams and drivers versus sponsors.

Just my opinion,
Wes

While it’s true that the COT chassis, roll cage & body is generic across manufactures, major engine components and development are still largely provided by Ford, Chevy, Toyota, & Dodge.

I predict just enough wins for Toyota to cause the real contenders massive headaches. MWR may be lucky to qualify for 3/4 of the races. HMS will be the power to contend with.

While it’s true that the COT chassis, roll cage & body is generic across manufactures, major engine components and development are still largely provided by Ford, Chevy, Toyota, & Dodge.
Well there you go - shows how much I know about it these days!:rolleyes::D

Wes

Yes! At least a few. :thumb:
I think he will be in the top 5 after Homestead.

I am not saying he wont because he will have good equipment. One has to wonder why Jimmie & Jeff can do well all the time yet their other teammate Casey doesn't seem to. You would think they would have the same equipment but maybe not.

I am not saying he wont because he will have good equipment. One has to wonder why Jimmie & Jeff can do well all the time yet their other teammate Casey doesn't seem to. You would think they would have the same equipment but maybe not.

Time will tell. If it weren’t for engine & mechanical issues last year he would have done a lot better. When was the last time you saw an axel separate? That had to be one of the more bizarre incidents. It makes you wonder about Mother Teresa.

Hey Doug, What happened with the IRL ? Are the drivers moving to Nascar for the $$$$$$( Tony Stewart) What happened to loyalty? Go Danica:D Will the rest of the Andretti"s go there??:doh:

Yeah, for now, but I suspect they're headed down the same path as IRL: one or two engine suppliers and sealed engine/transmission packages provided to the teams by NASCAR.

Think "IROC on steroids". :eek:

My concern goes beyond having Toyota involved in NASCAR....before you know it, Honda, Nissan, Mercedes, BMW, etc. will all be trying to get involved. Next, the driver's names will become unrecognizeable, unpronounceable and I just won't be able to identify with the drivers named Billy-Bob or Jimmy anymore......IRL and CART resemble F1 now....too many "Jean-Claude-Deledominquez Peitrontoni's" around...

:soapbox:

Last edited:
My concern goes beyond having Toyota involved in NASCAR....before you know it, Honda, Nissan, Mercedes, BMW, etc. will all be trying to get involved.
Scott, you can set aside this concern. We all know given time it will happen, particularly Nissan and Honda. I'm not totally old school on this subject. Yes these cars are foreigned owned but at the same time they are made/assembled right here in America and keeping many US citizens with a decent life style,me for one. So I guess I'm a bit bias.

The big question is, Will JR win some races this year?
I have to agree on this question. If he can't win now, then all along his over-rated stasis has been justifiable.

You should have provided a 'who cares' option for those, like me, who don't know anything about Nascar.
Sorry Frank and not to be rude but, I figured if one didn't care about the topic one wouldn't of even looked at the thread labeled "NASCAR"

Hey Doug, What happened with the IRL ? Are the drivers moving to Nascar for the $$$$$$( Tony Stewart) What happened to loyalty? Go Danica:D Will the rest of the Andretti"s go there??:doh:
What is there, three more open wheel racers moving to Nascar this year I think?
Tony Stewart has always been the driver I pulled for since the death of the greatest Nascar driver ever (#3 Dale Earnhardt). Reports have it that there are a number of teams doing the dance to try to sway Danica over to the Nascar.

One has to wonder why Jimmie & Jeff can do well all the time yet their other teammate Casey doesn't seem to. You would think they would have the same equipment but maybe not.
Every team has their fall guy.

How can you keep calling it the car of tomorrow if it is already here today?
Just shows how messed up this entertainment type has gotten. I have a hard time calling it a sport anymore now.