What is your favorite NON WOODWORKING website

Drudge...amazon...macrumors(and dealmac).... and lately avsforum.com

almost forgot....jim beckers adoption blog:D

I think this is a great thread, but I don't know how much I can contribute. I have several places I go on a daily basis. World Net Daily is where I get a lot of my news, I go to the NOAA site for weather, and I haunt several shooting forums. Oh yeah, nikoncafe.com gets regular visits too, but I don't think there is a favorite amongst the lot.

Steve, I used to be at the Old Tractors forum, but through changing a computer or two and losing my links, it has been a while. I have a pretty old machine that gets steady work right now but needs some work on it - a 1963 Super Dexta. Perhaps I need to get back over there.

Lots of good links to peruse though.

Steve, I have a passing interest in old farm equipment, and have thought it would be fun to restore an old machine. I have never tried anything of size so I would have to stock up the 'shed' with a lot of mechanics tools. I think I will just continue to call the restoration process a spectator sport.:)

BTW, if you are on either of the satellites, DirecTV or Dish Network, they have a channel called RFD-TV, on Dish it is channel 9409. They carry Old Iron programs and steam power reunions. The best one I have seen is the Steam Thrashers Reunion in Rolog Minnesota. Now that would be worth going to.

Last edited:

I often (but not regularly) drop by Fark.com (not for the tame at heart, or easily offended), mostly to watch a bunch of idiots prove why they are idiots, and to see some of the Photoshop contests.

Vaughn,

You're a twisted individual. I admire that in a person! I lost over two hours of my life to Fark this morning. It's all your fault. Yup, YOU'RE to blame! Thanks....;)

- Marty -