Hitachi C10FSH gloat Some specials at Lowes.

Jim O'Dell

Many of you know I've been watching for an SCMS. I had narrowed my search to a good price on the Makita LS1013FL. It was been around $370.00 on Amazon last Spring, with a rebate from Makita in the form of a jobsite radio (combo charger I think). Lately it has been $475.00 on Amazon, they ran out, got one back in and it's at $499.00.
Last weekend, a guy in Dallas went through the Lowes on Inwood and saw some saws on sale. Both the 10" and 12" Hitachi SCMS units with laser were included. He bought the C10FSH for $210.00!!:eek::eek: and reported on it at BT3Central. I spent Tuesday evening after work going to three different Lowes, 1 in Parker County where I work, and 2 in Tarrant county where I live. NO DICE. 449.00, but confirmed that the unit was a non stock item now. So this morning I call the Inwood store where the unit had been purchased. They were out. He confirmed the price (There is also a scanned copy of the receipt on BT3) and gave the locations of some other Dallas stores with some quantities. I called the Chalk Hill store on the west side of Dallas on I-30. They showed 4 in stock, 449. I mentioned the price at the Inwood store, and he said some stores close items out sooner than other stores do. I asked if he could talk to the tool manager and see if they could work with me on the price. He said "I am the tool manager". I said something like. Well, ok. Then he said, come see me, ask for JD, and I'll sell you one for that. I almost forgot to say "thank you" before hanging up the phone and jumping in the van to head over there. About a 80 mile round trip, but for $210.00, it was worth it.
I haven't even taken it out of the van yet!
So If you are interested in one, watch your local Lowes, talk to the Tool Manager, maybe you can get in on a sweet deal also! OH, and to top that off, Hitachi still has the free fixed base 2 1/4HP router as a rebate until 1/31/08, and 25/50/100 dollar rebates if you spend over 250/500/1000 dollars.
Well, now I need to watch for a good price on a better blade for this unit. That was another selling feature of the Makita. It comes with a blade that the users all say is very good.
Happy shopping! Jim.

Update:

Well, I'm still building the mobile cart for my Hitachi slider. Came home today, and there's a UPS box on the table. Has my name on it. Feels heavy!?! Open it up, and this is what was in it: DSCN1914.jpg My rebate!! It's only been, what, 17 days??? I can't believe it got here that fast.
Not sure if I'll put it up for sale, or hang on to it. Until I decide, I'll leave it sealed up. Jim.

Jim,

You really hit the jackpot! :thumb:

How do you like the saw? I have the manager looking for the clearance sale price for me...she has my name and number and said she would call me first thing. They're inventory clearance is next month, and they have 4 in stock right now...but at $449.

Thanks for posting the infor.

Greg, so far, I like it. I will probably always wonder if the Makita would have been better, but this is a very good saw. The turntable works almost effortlessly, it is sooo smooth. The laser is actually very adjustable. I have it set right now where if I have it directly on the cut line, it cuts perfectly to the right of the line. That seems to be better than having it show the edge of the cut for me. Now if I can just find some Formica that matches what I already have in the shop, or some matte black to compliment it, I can get the mobile cart finished! Jim.

Super deal on it getting there so fast, Jim.:thumb: I've just got one thing to say about that rebate, "Routers are just EXACTLY like Clamps"...... You just """CANNOT""" have TOO Many of them.:D:D From the picture on the box, that looks like a really nice size and shape for all kinds of nonplunge handheld type router work, and making or buying one of those teardrop shaped bases with a knob handle on it to give better control keeping the base from tilting on edge work would even make it better.

They're building a brand new LOWS store here, and I can't wait for it to be finished so I don't have to drive 22 miles each way to the Midland store everytime to keep from going to our ....... HD. Maybe the local competition (about 1 mile apart) will get the attention of the local HD management and make them get a little more customer oriented AND competitive like they are in Midland by having Both Blue and Orange within 2 or 3 miles of each other.