pics of my miniscule shop

Chuck Beland

I don't think I ever showed my minuscule shop so here it is. the height is 83'' but comes down to 78'' due to the kitchen waste line overall dimension is approx
8' x 8' I can safely cut a 4' long piece of wood anything more gets hairy.

This is a 360 degree view starting from the door in a clock wise direction.

Here it is. Click on the pic twice for full size pic.

Chuck

Last edited:
I think you've done a wonderful job in there. It seems no matter how large or small, we all have one thing to say about our shop; we wish it was bigger. When I find myself wanting more room to store more stuff (about 20 x 30 for me) I remember that there are folks who derive much enjoyment from this hobby in an 8 x 8 basement in a part of the country where they can't just open the garage door in December if they need a little leg room. Kudos to you and congrats on a nice looking space.

Nice job of fitting what you need into what would be a nearly impossible space for a lot of folks. :thumb: You obviously make it work out just fine...your finished projects prove that. And on the plus side, it doesn't take you too long to walk across the shop for that forgotten screwdriver. :D

Thanks for the tour, Chuck. :clap:

I haver had to get creative & am in the process of going more vertical I will be using the spaces between the rafters for the pen blanks:D

Some good news when my son finally moves out of the basement I get his side then my shop goes from 8' x 8' to about 13' x 40' :D: :thumb:
Although I still got to deal with no outside easy access but it is heated:D

All the important stuff in all the right places. When I walk out into my shop I turn around, smile, and say I like it here. I'm sure you do the same.

Hi Chuck :wave:,
Thanks for sharing your shop with us. Good for you!:thumb:
Remember this ..."It is not the size of the shop, it is the size of the joy you have, because of it!" :D
Shaz :)

I got a small shop myself so I feel your pain, but you have done a great job with it. As for the calendar, it must be a small shop thing, I got one quite similar to it but the tide seems to have taken the swimsuits on the girls. Must have beena strong tide that day:dunno:

Anyway I call mine "The Man Shack".

Nice and cosy shop Chuck. And well organized.
Do you have a dust collector? Don't see any.
How many times do you a clean up?
My shop is most of the time a big mess, after I finished a job, than a big clean up, anyway I find a shop don't have to be clean, anyway not mine outside shop, it's my territory !! :D