Return clients are always nice to have

Marty Walsh

Some of you might recall that we had a pretty large order of pens for two clients around xmas time. Well, Denise took a call from one of them while I was away freezing, I mean working with, tod. Seems the pens were such a big hit she wants another five pens! :thumb::D

Here's the results:

DSCN8340.jpg

I know I need to get better pictures of them before I deliver them, but this one hopefully shows them ok on here.

From the left, the pens are:

Platinum Baron kit - Red Box Elder Burl
Gold Titanium Sedona Kit - Maple Burl
Black Titanium Sedona kit - Black Box Elder Burl
Black Titanium Baron kit - Spalted Maple Burl
Gold Titanium Sedona kit - Box Elder Burl
Black Titanium Sedona kit - Amobyna Burl

Wait, my client ordered five, and the picture shows six pens...? :huh:

The red pen is for Denise's oldest daughter...she has a real thing for red..and as long as we were turning pens... :thumb:

Denise helped out with drilling and tube-gluing, so I was able to knock out the batch in only a few hours! Thanks Denise! ;)

Thanks for looking...
- Marty -

Nice pens, Marty. I've got a couple Baron kits waiting to be turned...they are my first Barons. I really like look of the Sedona kit. Does it use the same bushings?

Yes, return clients are nice. In addition to the business, it is flattering they want more. I recently received an order for seven pens from a lady who bought six a few months ago. She lets me pick the woods. Only surprise, she doesn't like the Osage Orange. Each to his own.

Repeat business is the best from all points of view. I have one customer who has now bought 5 sets of furniture from me for himself and as gifts for family. The money is noce but even nicer is knowing that he knows everything about what I make and how I deal with people and comes back for more.

Nice pens as well Marty. If you are gonna take on projects that take months to finish you are gonna need something that turns over quick to put bread on the table!:D

Nice pens, Marty. I've got a couple Baron kits waiting to be turned...they are my first Barons. I really like look of the Sedona kit. Does it use the same bushings?

Vaughn,

Baron and Sedona kits are almost identical...except for the tops and bottoms. Barons are square top and bottom...Sedonas are round top and bottom. Same drill sizes (different drills for upper and lower blanks), same bushings, same basic assembly instructions.

Good luck...
- Marty -

Repeat business is the best from all points of view. I have one customer who has now bought 5 sets of furniture from me for himself and as gifts for family. The money is noce but even nicer is knowing that he knows everything about what I make and how I deal with people and comes back for more.

Nice pens as well Marty. If you are gonna take on projects that take months to finish you are gonna need something that turns over quick to put bread on the table!:D

Heya Ian! ;)

Boy, you're not kidding. This monster project is taking WAAAAAY longer than I had planned. But I sure have learned A LOT from it.

Most of all I've learned the effort involved in some of the more complex aspects of the project. I'm now better prepared to bid something complex. Although it'll probably be a very long time before I do something of this magnitude again. Unless of course someone with REALLY DEEP POCKETS comes along...:rolleyes:

Cheers...
- Marty -