IWF plans anyone???

Chris Barton

I know with IWF some seven months in the future it's probably not in anyones plans yet but, I had the great fortune to meet several of our most illustrious members at the IWF 2 years ago. I'm planning to attend, if anyone else is we should have a wild party, er, I mean "social event." Anyone interested???

Man ... I'd love to go ... but clear over in atlanta???? It's tough to drive that from here! :p

I did do AWFS in Las Vegas last July and it was GREAT. I think I'll have to wait till it comes back round to this side of the island. :)

i wanna go bad! but that is the week of my anniversary. although the wife did mention a possible family trip, as long as she and lil man could do some shoppin...i think that can be arranged!! :D

i'd love to get together as well. keep me posted

chris

Unless something really terrible happens between now and then, David and I will be there--maybe not in the Woodworkers booth, but somewhere around some silver/grey machines.... Plans are being made.

N.

Well, that's a long ways away, but as of right now Denise and I plan to attend. All she said is I have to stay away from the MiniMax booth! :rolleyes:

BTW, our 'studio' is about 2.5-3 hours south of IWF...for anyone interested. I'm pretty sure there's room for a few visitors ... ;)

- Marty -

I, for one, would like to pay the "studio" a visit as I have not seen it since the construction phase. Maybe a field trip is in order, if Marty and Denise are up for it.

i'm pretty sure if marty hasn't finished spraying laquer on that project by then he'd have set a match to it!!

but if he is anything like shaz, he'll have another secret one going by then to keep us on edge :D

august 20-23

I'll be there, but its local for me....and, like Marty, I have to stay away from the Minimax booth, (and Felder, Laguna, One Way, etc...). BTW, there are great deals on floor models including lumber that the vendors don't want to take home.

I'm in for a get together (always great to meet fellow woodworkers).

Lastly, sorry for not posting much, especially lately. My day job seems to have the best of me right now (I drive a desk for a living so I can woodwork as a hobby). Hopefully I can get a project finished soon so I have something to add.

- Norb

Norb, I didn't realize you were a member here as well. I'd like to see this thread kept active until IWF as I have every intention of attending this year and would love to meet some other FWW members. I've never been and would really like to as our local Woodworking Show has really fallen off over the last few years.

Wes

Yep - I really like the atmosphere here, but then again I find most woodworkers a pretty good lot, ready to share their knowledge and experiences. The guys here really like to help, not just show off. Its really encouraging and a testament to the people here at FWW. That said, there are good people on the other forums as well and woodnet has a really good neander section (I'm really enjoying using hand tools more and more - learning good skills, etc.).

All the woodshows have suffered recently. I think it has to do with the rise of forums and e-commerce sites, as well as the rise in woodworking schools/classes, etc. There are just so many different times and places you can go to get either hardware or software.

The IWF is a massive industrial show. There are three halls, one largely dedicated to hardware and finishing supplies, one to big industrial machines, and another for everything else. I think it takes at least two days to see everything. I always laugh a bit when the wood suppliers ask me how many thousand board feet of material I use a year....I'm more of a hundreds guy.

I, for one, would like to pay the "studio" a visit as I have not seen it since the construction phase. Maybe a field trip is in order, if Marty and Denise are up for it.

We'd be up for a field trip for folks to visit 'the studio'. Folks just need to realize it's about a three hour drive. Car pooling would make the drive seem shorter, but three hours each way is three hours each way! :dunno:

i'm pretty sure if marty hasn't finished spraying laquer on that project by then he'd have set a match to it!!

but if he is anything like shaz, he'll have another secret one going by then to keep us on edge :D

august 20-23

Chris,

You don't know how true that 'match to it' comment is! I've about had it already with the finishing stage of this project. All I know FOR SURE is that if a client ever asks for this finish again, they will be PAYING FOR IT BIG TIME!!! :doh:

- Marty -

Tick Tock... :)

IWF is only a little over two months away... :) I just wanted to bump this up as a reminder to everyone.

Hopefully we will have a 'Family Get-Together' during this time. The dates for IWF are August 20-23 in Atlanta. It's getting close!! :)

Marty and I will be there again this year (although Marty will need to be blind-folded as he goes past certain booths :rolleyes:)

Anyway... hope to see as many of you there as possible!!

Best wishes!

Denise

I live in Atlanta..

I will definitly be going. Would love to visit with some of y'all.

I usually take a day off from work.

So thanks for the bump Denise...

Make sure you order tickets early... you have to have them

...bartee...