Charts and References?

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I've got several charts and formulas I've collected over the years in electronic format for cut angles, pilot holes, drill speeds, tap sizes, and etc. I wouldn't mind posting them. I'm thinking it would be easier to find here than on my computer sometimes and others could use them or post their own.

Where would be a good place to post them? Should they be an area of their own?

I've attached an example. Also, is there any chance of getting the maximum PDF attachment size increased to 100K? Will be almost impossible to attach a few of these charts otherwise.

Attachments

• Pilot Hole Sizes-1.jpg
    Pilot Hole Sizes-1.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 37
Darren, offhand, I'd say the Jigs and Fixtures area might be a good place to leave them. The General Woodworking Q&A section would also be a good candidate. If we have enough of this type of thing, it might be worthwhile to set up a Reference Library section on the forum. (That's something the Mods would need to decide on, based on member feedback...I'll go post the question over in the Mods area.)

And thanks for the suggestion on the PDF file size limits. Those had been overlooked and not increased from the factory defaults. I just bumped them up to match the size of the other attachments.

it might be worthwhile to set up a Reference Library section on the forum.

I'll compile a list of them and start posting them in the jig section. If you were to setup a Reference Library section would you be able to move them later?

My thought would be that these may fall out of view quickly in a section that updates frequently. I could envision a Reference section with perhaps Charts, Formulas, and perhaps links (part suppliers, manufacturers, other reference sites, etc).

Thanks for the feedback and checking on it. Also, thanks for updating the pdf limit. :)

Sounds good, Darren. We can easily move them later. I agree with you on the "falling out" issue. We're discussing the idea of setting up a Reference Library now, so stay tuned...

Sounds good, Darren. We can easily move them later. I agree with you on the "falling out" issue. We're discussing the idea of setting up a Reference Library now, so stay tuned...

IMHO, a Reference Library is always a good thing, and in the long run, probably saves a lot of room on any forum, and is definitely a convenient "Service" for all forum users.

On a similar topic, and for anyone needing this type of data, I noticed that in the latest Mc Feely's catalogue, they have a LOT of little charts for drill sizes for screws, bolts & lagbolts, and other tips, scattered among their wares, that was layed out pretty good. It seemed, (at least to me) that there was more info this time than I remember seeing before.