A few new bowls.......

Its been a while since I posted............man does life get hectic at times!

Dennis Peacock sent me this beautiful piece of cherry when I lived in Alaska. It was too big to turn on the mini so I brought it with me when I moved and turned it on the PM. Measures about 11" wide x 2 1/2" tall, Antique Oil finish.

HPIM1961700x617.jpg

This Box Elder came from a branch in the yard. Measures about 6 1/2" wide x 3: tall. Minwax wipe-on poly finish.

HPIM1963700x530.jpg

Another Box Elder trimming. This piece had amazing curl and color, but I couldn't get the tear-out on the inside to disappear. So......took the torch to it. Measures 6" x 2 1/2". Minwax WO Poly finish.

HPIM1966700x518.jpg

I'm getting ready for a small show in Mid March so will bore you with more pics as things get finished!

Nice work, Barry. My vote goes to the cherry bowl, but box elder bowls look cool, too -- especially the NE one. Your experience with the tearout has prompted me to recognize this time-honored truth...

Flame: The impatient man's sandpaper. :p

SNIP........... Your experience with the tearout has prompted me to recognize this time-honored truth...

Flame: The impatient man's sandpaper. :p

ROFL!!!:rofl:

I figured it was gonna end up in the woodstove so what the heck. It sure does get a good reaction though so I'll just double the price when I put it on the table:dunno:

I'll try to get some pics of the inside next time I set up my photo tent. I can tell you this now though.....it looks like burnt wood:D