Digi-Router

Bruce Page

Anyone have the Digi-Router Retrofit on their JessEM MAST-R-LIFT?
Do you like it? Their website says “Accurate to 0.010 inches (resolution to 0.001 inches, 0.01mm)” :huh: Can you accurately make .002 movements with it by using the digital display?
I’m thinking about getting one for my Bench Dog lift but the “accurate to .010” has me a little confused….

Last edited:
It sounds like the "significant digit" stuff they taught us in Science class. We always had to drop the last measured digit, because it was read "between the lines" on the ruler or the graduated beaker or whatever.

Gee, that was a long time ago.... :(

Anyway, sounds like the device is more "precise" than it is "accurate". It would be tempting to trust a reported delta of .002, but I can't say whether that's a sound move or not. :huh:

Accurate to 0.01" means that if you set it to a given setting, it should be within 0.01" of that distance. Resolution to 0.001" means that you can change the setting by that amount and see the difference. One is an absolute (accuracy) and the other is relative (resolution or precision) to where you happen to be.

As a practical matter, it means that if you want to cut to 0.01" accuracy, you just set it digitally. If you need 0.001" accuracy, you make a test cut, measure how much it's off, and then change the setting digitally to get what you want.

It sounds good to me.