....more bowls..........

Just finished a few more so..........prepared to be bored:rofl:

This small walnut bowl measures 6 1/4" x 2" with 5/16 walls. Finish is AO and buffed.

HPIM1974700x426.jpg

A furniture maker I met gave me some scrap glue-ups, this is the result of the first......8 1/2" x 4" with 3/8" walls. Finish is AO and buff. My 8 y.o. daughter Haleigh took the picture.:clap:

HPIM1988700x482.jpg

This small Box Elder bowl measures 5 1/4" x 1 1/2 " with 3/16" walls.....getting towards 5/16" at the bottom. Finish is MW Wipe-on poly and buffed.

HPIM1989700x529.jpg

This burnt rim elm bowl was turned green to finish. MW Wipe-on poly and buffed, 6" x 2" with 1/8" walls. My daughter took this picture:thumb:

HPIM1994700x502.jpg

Finally.....a few of you asked for inside pics of my burnt toast bowl.....heres the best I could do.....maybe I should have Haleigh try:rofl:

HPIM2002700x521.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nice work. I love the Walnut, both the solid and the glue-up. I REALLY love that Box Elder. I wish it grew around here. The rim on the Elm bowl is interesting but I'll defer comment on the burnt toast bowl. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Looks good Barry, lots of variety there.

The Elm and the Keyaki I do here certainly are related, how was the Elm to turn, I find the Keyaki ROCK HARD when dry, but wet, well I got to give that a go, as the wood is a LOT easier to turn wet.

Cheers!

Barry, the Burnt Rim Elm bowl is the winner for me, I can never resist distinctive figuring in a piece of wood, just wondering what shape it will eventually settle out as it was turned to completion green.

Barry, I like all of these as well, but the elm I like the most. I've turned quite a bilt of wet Elm lately and I like it a lot. BTW, You've got quite a good photographer in your daughter...much better than me!