Seeking patterns for tool drawings

Frank Pellow

I want to create some signs and drawings that have symbols of woodworking tools (both hand tools and power tools). A photo of the sign over the door on my shop will illustrate the type of items that I want:

Shop Sign.JPG

I spent a over an hour searching the internet today, but found nothing that meets my needs. If anyone knows where I can find what I want, please provide a link. The patterns don't have to be free, I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for them.

Last edited:
Have you tried googling "clip art"? lots of free images and pay for up for grabs.

If nothing there, what images are you looking for? I can search my archive and see if I can find what your looking for.

Tom

New England just scored :D Back to the game

Last edited:
Have you tried googling "clip art"? lots of free images and pay for up for grabs.

If nothing there, what images are you looking for? I can search my archive and see if I can find what your looking for.

Tom

New England just scored :D Back to the game

Clip Art, that's the term that I was trying to remember. I knew that things like this had a name but, for the life of me, I could not remember what that name was. :eek: THANKS A LOT, Tom.

And Greg, thatnks for the link to that specific clip art.

Frank, you don't have to limit yourself to clip art either. I have often used the IAM Symbol (International Association of Machinists) on some of my toolboxes, and added interest with micrometer shapes, the Local Number of my Union and added letters. I've also included the insignia for the railroads I worked for, and even included such things as a Maltese Cross for a model Fire Truck I did for the local fire department.

With a little creativity, some internet searches and a bunch of scrollsawing, you can make just about any symbol.

Cross.jpg

Tool_Box_Closed.jpg