Tod, Frank.....?

Steve Ash

I heard your area is getting hit with a tornado......

Are you guys okay?

Any body else down that way getting hit?

I heard from Dennis Peacock that his neighborhood got hit. His place is OK, but some neighbors (and friends) lost everything.

Man, I cannot believe that, finger of God eh? :eek:

The news say the hardest hit area is Atkins, about 60 miles northwest of Little Rock...?

Is that anywhere near Tod and Frank?

Hope you guys are OK.

A friend of mine lives in Harrison, AR, and posted this on another forum...

Way to much to mention, all the facts are not in yet anyway, 40 mile East of me, is a town called Gassville AR. the news people said that Gassville is NO MORE. thats a good size town. My son and I were getting two wreckers ready to go spend the night , help what we could. The state police announced on the radio "if you are coming to Gassville to help, turn around and go home." There's to many volunteers on the scene.State highway 62 is closed for miles,Gassville is near Mountain Home AR. A town called Athene's is destroyed, Clinton Ar. half the town is gone!!. Many, many tornado`s. wont know the facts till sun up. there are fatalities. Many people critically injured.
the little rock Ar. news , KARK4.com Im in shock, its bad.

Frank lives in Mountain Home...

Thoughts and prayers out to all...

Found this http://arkansasmatters.com/ doing a Google search for Arkansas TV stations.

It might be a while before we know very much as it appears power is out to a "wide" area of Arkansas.

Prayers are with all those in Arkansas, Tennesee, Kentucky & Mississippi.

The storm that hit in the aforementioned areas yesterday is now burying us with snow. Up here in the Dells, we're on the northern edge and as of now have about 4-5 inches with another 2-3 predicted through the day. Further south, Madison is predicted to get upwards of 9 inches. All the schools are closed and LOML, who works in Madison, is staying home.

This snow will be very close, if not putting us over, the most snow in a season since records have been kept. Should be an interesting spring as all this stuff starts to melt.

And Steve, I think this stuff is heading your way. Should pick up some more fuel as it travels over the lake. :thumb::eek:

Karl

From what I can see on Google Maps..........

atkins_mountain_home.jpg
Mountain Hom looks to be about 80 miles North, of Atkins, as the crow flies.

Hope you guys are alright.

Just a quick update folks...

I just got off the phone with Tod. His home (and family) are fine. He's heading to his shop to see if there was any damage. He lives a ways outside of Mountain Home...

If he has phone and electric when he gets to the shop, hopefully he'll give us an update.

Thanks on his behalf for your concerns...

We still need to hear from Frank F. Hopefully he's ok as well...

- Marty -

On the phone with tod right now...

He has electric at the shop, but no internet access. The shop survived unscathed.

Thanks again for your concern...
- Marty -

Woke up at 4 am this morning and could see "THAT" lightning that I have seen before with tornado's. Go in and flip on TV. Great, one headed right for us!

Put on clothes, grab animals, flash lights and head to the Lab. I had a full fledged storm shelter built off the Lab. Watched a portable TV and we didn't get anything but a little wind and rain. It went over us, literally! They were saying per the radar there was a tornado, just not on the ground. Praise God! Been there, done that. Don't want another T-Shirt either!

Sister in law is north of us in the path. She went on the back porch and thought she saw rotation up high during the lightning flashes. Said as it went over the pressure changed so it was hard to breath.

Been watching the news all morning and it covered a lot more area than you think. At least 4 people killed in Alabama. I think from the storm that went over us. Lots of homes destroyed. One was turned 180 degrees. When it was over the owner was confused when he looked out the windows. Because the front of his house was now facing the back yard!

Last edited:
This is weird. I had a really bad dream last night that high winds came through and tore my shop to shreds. I woke up at 4am with my heart racing & couldn't get back to sleep. There were no high winds in my area & I hadn't heard anything about what went on down south.

Glad to hear tod's ok. Hope we hear from Frank soon...

Glad to hear that Tod and family are OK. Thanks Marty for the updates! Lets hope the rest of our FWW members fair as well. Thoughts and prayers are with all of our members and friends.