Shoulder Update:

Nope its still not good.

As some of you remember I hit a rock while traveling across a lake near the end of last year on my snowmobile and ended up doing five cartwheels down the ice. At 65 mph, my Chiropractor calls it a "high impact trauma."

I've had Ultra Sound Therapy, Electro Therapy, Manual Therapy and even Acupuncture done to my shoulder and nothing helps. Oh it feels good for 10 hours or so, but by the middle of the next day its hurting again. The last time I saw a Massage Therapist (I see one every 3 weeks anyway) the guy dug pretty deep and caused tears to come to my eyes it hurt so bad.I was hoping we would release something deep down, but it was for nothing. It still hurts.

So I bit the bullet and tomorrow I'm going to have x-rays done. My chiropractor thinks it might be a compression fracture?:dunno: Its still pretty swollen and while I have range of motion, the pain keeps me up at night and I can never get comfortable.

I'll keep you posted.

As some of you remember I hit a rock while traveling across a lake near the end of last year on my snowmobile and ended up doing five cartwheels down the ice. At 65 mph, my Chiropractor calls it a "high impact trauma."

So I bit the bullet and tomorrow I'm going to have x-rays done. My chiropractor thinks it might be a compression fracture?

You're just now getting X-rays??? :huh:

:doh:

Good luck...

I got an extra one of these........
Shoulder immobilizer from when I broke my arm. Hope everything comes out ok. I got about 2 months of therapy to go.
Dale

Attachments

• arm.jpg
    arm.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 29
Larry nailed it, seems if it was bone you would have known right then. If I kept up with your reports correctly your pain came later. Which leads me to think musle tear or cartaledge. MRI will probably be in your future. Now I am not a doctor butt I did play Dr. before.:rofl::rofl::rofl:Hope your feeling better soon.:thumb:

Being a machinist, if you have to have an MRI, you'll end up with a cool looking skull X-Ray too. I've had them twice, and since I've "worked in environments where metal is machined or ground" in the past I had to have an X-Ray both times to make sure there weren't any metal fragments in my eyes. Apparently those giant magnets will make sure they take the most direct route out.

I sure hope its not your rotator cuff. My aunt and one of my customers both had rotator cuff surgery this past fall. Neither is back to doing my physical labor.

Travis,
Man, am i sorry to hear that. Injury - insult - and so on.
The couple of times i've messed up my back it's been pathetic and frustrating. Of course, i've only read about high speed snowmobile accidents. Glad you're not receiving one of the annual Darwin Awards.
Did you get it on video???
I hope the best for a complete recovery. One of my neighbors has a chronic neck pain issue. It's amazing how it effects everything she does. It's also amazing how well she deals with it - she stays active, and you'd never know anything was really wrong if you didn't know her very well.
An x-ray, eh? Maybe they'll find some of the pieces that your snowmobile tossed in the accident - that funny little clip that's a bear to make and has to be ordered in from Germany?
Keep us up to date.
paulh

Well I got my x-rays taken and even had them burn them on a CD so I could take a look at them...not sure what good that did really as I don't see anything. Maybe a funny looking white spot on the front of my shoulder, but its not like I am a Doctor or anything and know what I am looking at.

I'll e-mail them up to my sister in Alaska and see what she thinks. She's a Cardiologist and probably knows as much about this as I do, but maybe she knows of an Orthopedic Surgeon up there that can help her decipher it.

As for the pain, yeah that has been bothering me the minute I fell off, but I figured it would go away. It never did so I tried some other avenues first like message therapy, ultra sound, electro therapy and even acupuncture. :(:dunno: This year I've been on a mission to eliminate as many co-pays as I can. I got great insurance thanks to my wifes Teachers Union, but enough is enough. I could get x-rays okayed by my Chiropractor so that eliminated having to go through my primary physician...and thus two sets of co-pays right there. I'll only get an MRI if ABSOLUTELY.

Well I got my x-rays taken and even had them burn them on a CD so I could take a look at them...not sure what good that did really as I don't see anything. Maybe a funny looking white spot on the front of my shoulder, but its not like I am a Doctor or anything and know what I am looking at.

I'll e-mail them up to my sister in Alaska and see what she thinks. She's a Cardiologist and probably knows as much about this as I do, but maybe she knows of an Orthopedic Surgeon up there that can help her decipher it...
Did the people who took the x-rays offer any thoughts?