one goof then another makes for a bad day

I’ve had a not so pleasant day. It all started with having to get blood drawn. I’m not a big fan of needles.

After the blood letting the wife wanted me to hang a piece of laminate counter top in the laundry for her to fold cloths on. I had to cut it down about 8 inches to fit the space. I grabbed a 4 foot clamping straight edge to use as a guide rail for the circular saw and put the counter on the outfeed table of my table saw to cut it. I made sure it was hanging over enough so I wouldn’t cut the table saw. In my normal goofball fashion I forgot that the front guide rail for the saw extends about 5 or 6 inches past the table. YES, I proceeded to cut a nice curf into the front guide rail of my table saw. :eek: I pretty quickly realized what I was doing from the sound of the saw. When I swung the counter around to see how badly I had cut the rail the straight edge knocked a cherry nightstand I’ve been working on off my assembly table and broke it! :mad:

I figured Mr. Murphy had enough laughs from me for the day so I turned and walked back into the house. I’ll see if the table is repairable tomorrow. :dunno:

On the bright side I didn't get hit with any flying carbide from cutting the rail.:)

John......Somedays are like that. You were smart to leave the shop when you did. When I was younger, I'd stayed there and worked through it.....Now days.....Go to the house...put on a pot of coffee and relax.....

I'm with you John. When things start to go like that, I pay attention to the message; "leave the shop in peace and return another time".

Ah yes, that message from above:eek:...............'Hello' :wave: "Are you Listing to ME"????? :wave: "Now Very Slowly lay everything down, turn off the Machines, turn out the lights, LOCK the Shop and go into the House". ..........."NOW"!!!:eek:

Seems I've heard that message a time or three. :rolleyes: (and I follow those instructions MUCH better in my old age):rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glad you dodged the shrapnel, John.:D

Yup - that's the key trick. When frustration rears its ugly head - walk away. Go do something else.

Maybe that's why I'm constantly surrounded by sixty-leven half-finished projects. :rofl:

-Kevin in Indy