Sorry for the outage........

Stuart Ablett

......sorry folks were were off line there for a few hours.

I got on the horn to BlueHost, and they told me that there was some kind of an emergency security patch that had to go onto the sever hour site was on. They apologized and said they were working to get us back online. Apparently there was some kind of a possible security breach possible, and they had to deal with it immediately, and this was not confined to BlueHost, but was a world wide problem.

I'll post more info when I have it.

Cheers!

I also contacted Bluehost, and got pretty much the same story. As Stu said, we weren't the only site affected. I was caller number 25 and 26 the two times I called. That's busy for a Sunday night.

The nice thing is that Bluehost was already working on the getting the sites up as soon as possible, before we contacted them.

Apology not needed. 'Stuff' happens. Thanks for being on top of it. I suggest you may be able to save yourself(s) some work by not sending out an e-mail alert. If the site it down, we will notice as soon as we attempt to log in.

When I found the site down, I logged into the Control Panel. went to support and saw they were working on it. Took a lot longer time than they had posted it would take, but at least the problem is taken care of, and hopefully we are safe.

Hmmm... glad it got fixed quickly, and it's good to know people are on top of things. ;)

But, world-wide server problem? I came in this morning thinking I'd see our server guys in a state of controlled panic, but nothing. All seems copacetic, and there's nothing on google about a big deal. We have scores of servers, as you can imagine... usually, when there's something like that, we get 'slammed', as you might imagine...

Thanks,

Bill

When I found the site down, I logged into the Control Panel. went to support and saw they were working on it. Took a lot longer time than they had posted it would take, but at least the problem is taken care of, and hopefully we are safe.
Hmm...I wasn't even able to get the Control Panel up. Must have been a timing thing? Ah well, the site came up relatively quickly, and we didn't have to do the manual work. ;)

And Travis, go put your virtual chainsaw away before you really mess something up. :rofl: