What are you turning on?

old delta rockwell lathe...

BTW: the tool holder is almost completely full by now :D :D :D

though I was turning on this baby for about a month and a half in july-august:D :D :D oneway 1024

Nothing currently, just sold this
jy_lathe_12312004.jpg

to get a Jet 1442. I will be picking up my new lather over the Thanksgiving holiday.

That floor is WAY too clean there, buddy. That's five demerits right off the bat, and it's only your first day here. Sheesh!

Some day I hope to have a lathe in the same class as the 3520. :eek:

Does this look a little more like it Vaughn? :rolleyes: :D

Attachments

• deep_in_shavings_0875.jpg
    deep_in_shavings_0875.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 32
Well used Grizzly 1067Z.
BTW, that motor cover is permanently decorated with sawdust. When I make pens, I use spray Deft laquer while they are still on the mandrel. Dust collects and adheres nicely to other things with sticky laquer on them. Note Don Pencil hollowing tool ready for quick draw below.

Attachments

• Grizzly lathe.jpg
    Grizzly lathe.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 13
I have a Turncrafter Pro midi lathe from PSI. I bought it a year ago - my first and only lathe...so far. A bit anemic on power, but it does pens and small bowls just fine. The lathe is just the tip of the iceberg, compared to all the accessories. I could've purchased at least a couple more of those lathes with the money I spent on all the chucks, chisels, pen-making tools, etc. Drawn into the vortex...

Cheers,

Kevin

Well I am new to this site, but I have been around for a while. Mine is a pre-1940 Delta 11" x 38" that has ben refurbished (except for the wood planks, I have to finish just that part)

I do have a "dirty shop" photo with the added shavings, but I like a clean shop myself. :D

I have a bunch of refurbs on my web site.
http://www.yankeetoys.org/lee/shop.htm

Welcome aboard, Lee. Nice looking lathe, and I like the refurb pics on your site. You have a nice variety of cool old stuff. ;)