What are you turning on?

...adding a PM 3520B early this fall.
Now why would you want to go do a thing like that, Ken? You realize there are a number of us who fell into the abyss while watching you get thrown into it by others, so if you get a 3520, then the rest of us are gonna have to get something on par with that. I dunno if I can afford it by early fall. :D

(Unfortunately, it looks like it'll cost me more than the lathe just to get our house power upgraded to the point where I could run a lathe like that.)

Since this thread is alive again and I now have my new lathe, here is a pic of the Jet 1442

web20061130_lathe1.jpg

Now why would you want to go do a thing like that, Ken? You realize there are a number of us who fell into the abyss while watching you get thrown into it by others, so if you get a 3520, then the rest of us are gonna have to get something on par with that. I dunno if I can afford it by early fall. :D

(Unfortunately, it looks like it'll cost me more than the lathe just to get our house power upgraded to the point where I could run a lathe like that.)

Vaughn,

SWMBO.....and I are getting ready to retire in less than 3 years. She wants me to buy the tools while I still can afford them........Who am I to argue? I'm going to buy d/c, b/s and an 8" jointer at the same time. I won't start an argument here about what kind, location of manufacturing facitility and labor...etc........but I've got one chance to outfit a reasonable woodworking shop and I plan on spending about $10,000.

Last edited:
But the whole room was so clean and neat. And it was CARPETED. For a woodturner, there are laws against such things, I'm sure. ;)
My shop's carpeted, but I never get accused of keeping the place too clean. ;) Nice on the feet, but it collects too much dust. (The garage was carpeted when we bought the place.) I may break down and pull it all out one of these days if I ever get motivated enough to completely empty the place.