Thread: Oval Jewelry Boxes

Oval Jewelry Boxes

These were the first I made.(but not the last). And the only ones that I have pics of. These were made from purpleheart with maple tops. Flocked with Donjer on the inside. They make great Chrismas gifts. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Croped jewelry box (600 x 399).jpg   Croped Open Jewelry box (600 x 385).jpg   finished jewelry boxes (600 x 372).jpg  

Russ,

Very nice. Your own design? I like how you cut the top from one board and matched the grain. Was the body routered entirely from the solid, or was it laminated from several boards and veneered on the outside? I couldn't quite tell from the second pic. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Dynamite stuff, Russ!

Frank

Very neat design - I like it!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Nice work Russ

Oval is a great shape for a little box.

I like the lid and pivoting mechanism too.

John,
    It's routed out from a solid. I did laminate few later no pics though. It's from a Woodsmith mag plan. You'll need a bowl and tray bit from whiteside #1376B . Your can get the template for the base and lids here for free.http://www.woodsmith.com/files/issue...d-template.pdf
    Here's my template with the bit. I made it out of MDF and attached it with double faced tape then routed it.

Russ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jewelry box template (600 x 350).jpg  

Russ, looks good. Hey, I'm going to be in Dyer next Thursday. How's the weather? Is there a lot of that white stuff on the ground? I'm hoping that my lunch meeting is going to be at the Paragon. I'd love to have some good ol' lemon rice soup.

Good looking stuff Russ, I like those little boxes. I keep meaning to make some for my daughters.

Dan

Nice boxes Russ. On the order of a bandsaw box, but different. Nice choice of wood too.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Tuinstra View Post
    Russ, looks good. Hey, I'm going to be in Dyer next Thursday. How's the weather? Is there a lot of that white stuff on the ground? I'm hoping that my lunch meeting is going to be at the Paragon. I'd love to have some good ol' lemon rice soup.
    Jason, Not really, the storm that pasted though last week. Left next to nothing, came mostly as rain. Farther north and west in Illinois got quite a bit. It's been pretty cold as of late. 20's during the day single digits over night. Going to be in town long?

Russ