Oval Jewelry Boxes

Russ Massery

These were the first I made.(but not the last). And the only ones that I have pics of. These were made from purpleheart with maple tops. Flocked with Donjer on the inside. They make great Chrismas gifts. ;) Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Croped jewelry box (600 x 399).jpg
    Croped jewelry box (600 x 399).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Croped Open Jewelry box (600 x 385).jpg
    Croped Open Jewelry box (600 x 385).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 91
  • finished jewelry boxes (600 x 372).jpg
    finished jewelry boxes (600 x 372).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 73
Russ,

Very nice. Your own design? I like how you cut the top from one board and matched the grain. Was the body routered entirely from the solid, or was it laminated from several boards and veneered on the outside? I couldn't quite tell from the second pic. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Nice work Russ

Oval is a great shape for a little box.

I like the lid and pivoting mechanism too.

John,
It's routed out from a solid. I did laminate few later no pics though. It's from a Woodsmith mag plan. You'll need a bowl and tray bit from whiteside #1376B . Your can get the template for the base and lids here for free.http://www.woodsmith.com/files/issues/150/oval-jewelry-box-pattern-and-template.pdf
Here's my template with the bit. I made it out of MDF and attached it with double faced tape then routed it.

Russ

Attachments

• Jewelry box template (600 x 350).jpg
    Jewelry box template (600 x 350).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 26
Russ, looks good. Hey, I'm going to be in Dyer next Thursday. How's the weather? Is there a lot of that white stuff on the ground? :eek: I'm hoping that my lunch meeting is going to be at the Paragon. I'd love to have some good ol' lemon rice soup. :thumb:

Russ, looks good. Hey, I'm going to be in Dyer next Thursday. How's the weather? Is there a lot of that white stuff on the ground? :eek: I'm hoping that my lunch meeting is going to be at the Paragon. I'd love to have some good ol' lemon rice soup. :thumb:

Jason, Not really, the storm that pasted though last week. Left next to nothing, came mostly as rain. Farther north and west in Illinois got quite a bit. It's been pretty cold as of late. 20's during the day single digits over night. Going to be in town long?

Russ