A Few Bowls

Wayne Bower

I haven't posted anything for some time so thought I would see what everyone thinks of what I have been doing. These are bowls 48 through 52. Been turning for about a year. The first is a maple with a lot of worm work in it, the second is a sycamore bowl, the last three are some bowls that I turned for my kids for Christmas. The walnut is from a piece of rough sawn log that my father in law gave me years ago. Could never decide what to do with it and this is what I did.

Attachments

• Bowl #42 post.jpg
    Bowl #42 post.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Bowl #43 post.jpg
    Bowl #43 post.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Voet_Walnut_Bowl_#50 post.jpg
    Voet_Walnut_Bowl_#50 post.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Voet_Walnut_Bowl_#51 post.jpg
    Voet_Walnut_Bowl_#51 post.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Voet_Walnut_Bowl_#52 post.jpg
    Voet_Walnut_Bowl_#52 post.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 23
Wayne, great bowls, but my favorite is the sycamore bowl.
I have to admit I like it most light colored wood. :)

The walnut is from a piece of rough sawn log that my father in law gave me years ago. Could never decide what to do with it and this is what I did.

Dad they all look great, as others said the wormy maple is the best looking....what he didn't tell you about the walnut bowls is that he gave one of each to each of his kids for christmas, mine is on the mantel. Each is signed stating where, Voet family farm, (my mother's, when, mid 1970s and from who, AB Voet the wood came from. He plans on making smaller bowls for each of my moms brothers as well. These all will be passed down for generations...thanks Dad.:thumb: