Mastercraft

For all the Canadians out there, I'm wondering where you would rank the Mastercraft tools compared to other well known brands? What about Mastercraft Maximum?

I know these are not the best tools in the world, but where do they stand? Should I stay away completely? I have no personal experience with any of their power tools.

'Mastercraft' is just the Canadian tire brand and, over the years the companies that manufature that brand vary. I purchased my first Mastercraft tool, an electric drill over 40 years ago, and it was OK -but there were better drills I could have purchased if I had had the money. As time went on I continued buy the occasional Mastercraft tool but I also started toi be able to afford (and appreciate) better tools. Now, I am at the point where I stay completely away from them.

Master craft are a lot like Sears Craftsman tools that come with a really good waranty that only a big company like Canadian tire or Sears can offer. They are designed for the weekend warriors and you will never see then in any high production facility as they just don't hold up to heavy use. I would rate Sears above Master craft but far below any main brand tool like Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee or Bosh. I am sure that others will feel different but that is my opinion of the tools.

I have not heard of Master Craft tools here in Ky. However I do have a Sears Craftsman 10in table saw that I wish I never bought. The rip fence is off by at least a 1/4in. front to back whenever locked down. The motor bogs down just ripping a 2in. board. It is not an enjoyable saw to use. Not trying to hi-jack your thread just venting.:(