My "hideout"

Just some pics I took the other day. Anyone want some snow?:D I am not a computer type guy so the wife worked on this for me while I sanded all afternoon! Hope this all works, seems to be easy once you get on to it :) But would still rather sand :rofl:

Attachments

• Feb 5, 2008 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    Feb 5, 2008 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 292
  • shop pic (600 x 450).jpg
    shop pic (600 x 450).jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 374
  • shop pic #2 (600 x 450).jpg
    shop pic #2 (600 x 450).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 309
  • Shop pic #3  (600 x 450).jpg
    Shop pic #3 (600 x 450).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 278
  • Shop pic #4.jpg
    Shop pic #4.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 302
  • shop pic #5.jpg
    shop pic #5.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 289
Looks great Rob, man you have a TON of space and room to add so much more to your shop! :thumb:

My girls would LOVE some snow, but......... you can still keep it :D :wave:

Very nice, rob!

That blue is interesting.

What is your garage door covered with?

Oh, and you can keep yer snow! :D

Jason. The blue is some paint that I had left over after painting my raft rails (own a resort). Have stopped using it and it is not because I ran out...:rofl: The door is a metal door which I stuck insulated panels on. The foil is suppose to reflect the radiant heat back into the room. Used an adhesive that was suposed to work but didn't do that great a job, hence the pink showing on the one side. Have to do something with that :huh:

Stu that snow is the same stuff that they get at Big White! You should be use to it...:)

Nice set-up, and I'm envious of all your room. I can think of much worse places to be snowed in. ;) Thanks for the tour, Rob.

Yep Rob, some of the BEST Champagne powder snow on the planet, broke my leg twice (different seasons) skiing Big White :thumb:

Loved that powder, we used to hike up to the bowl on the left side of the mountain, and skied the cliff a few times too:eek:

Stay warm! :wave:

That snow "looks" great . . of course that's from here. The shop looks great too; lots of room to work which is a blessing.

Rob,
Great looking shop.. you need to go down there right now and do some work and mess it up.. it's way too clean....

The first picture is the reason I don't live any further north than I do... My ideal climate would be some place like Costa Rica, Aruba, Trinidad....anywhere along the equator...

Hey Chuck. Ever do any trout fishing?? I know a little about where you live. Been a few years since I have been up there though. As a kid I spend a lot of vacations in the Park there. Riding motorcycles and jeeps. Beautiful area. Hoping to make a trip up in the spring and spread my moms ashes up there. She loved Tellico Plains!!

Rob, nice looking shop.

Your snow pictures are doing nothing to dispell the myth here in the states that Canada is just one snowy wasteland!

I have a sister in Kamloops, guess they must have a bit of the white also.

Stay warm.

Doug

Rob,
Great looking shop.. you need to go down there right now and do some work and mess it up.. it's way too clean....

Sorry Chuck for the clean??? shop :D The 2 glueups you see in the pic are the last of 4 and I always like to clean the shop floor when I am finishing. It will get cleaned one more time when finishing the last 2. But I promise to do better in the future :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rob, nice looking shop.

Your snow pictures are doing nothing to dispell the myth here in the states that Canada is just one snowy wasteland!

I have a sister in Kamloops, guess they must have a bit of the white also.

Stay warm.

Doug

Hi Doug...Kamloops is 85 miles west of us and they don't get near the snow. Coming East on #1 we are about 35 miles into the snowbelt. 35 miles south of us (Vernon) doesn't get near as much either. Living in just the wrong place I guess :(

...Yes it was Silver Star where I broke that ski on the bowl. :wave:
I've heard of using gouges, scrapers, hook tools, and even skews on a bowl. Never even thought of using a ski. Considering you broke yours, it sounds tricky. :D Lemme guess...you caught an edge? :rofl: