I need to move back to San Diego!

Bill Lantry

Dang! Ice storm! The Imperial City is now covered in ice! Cars sliding everywhere, all the evergreens are bending, the government is closed down. Meanwhile, in my homeland, it's going to get to 73 today. Dang! Had to vote last night, and got Doorlink to drive me: she's from the frozen north, and she's used to this kind of thing. You've never met a better driver, but even she was sliding around.

But does the University close? Nope! Which means I have to drive through this nightmare. Seriously: this place is unfit for human habitation! I mean, there's frozen stuff falling out of the sky! It just ain't natural! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Sheesh Bill, even us Northerners know when to park the car. Unfortunately I'm not one of them today, I'm out in the field hoping for a break in the rain. I saw a few cars off in the ditch on my way to Cortland today. Not as many as I figured I would, judging by the number of idjits who are convinced that 4 wheel drive = 4 wheel stop or 4 wheel steer.

Me I was poking along at 55 in the granny lane watching them plow on down the road. Caught a couple of them fishtailing and watched one go spectacularly into the ditch and way up the grass near an exit. He looked ok as I passed and there was a trooper on site before I could call for help. SOme people will never learn.

Hey Bill,
I hear they average 300 days of sunshine per year. Must be great there. Do people have furnaces in their homes? Oh well, who really needs all that sunshine and sandy beaches? We were covered in ice here yesterday. Its kind of funny around here when we get an inch or two of snow everything comes to a halt.:huh: Travis was saying it may get waist deep in Maine, now thats snow!!:doh:

Well folks...it could be worse.

About 40 miles from where I'm sitting...the little town of Elk River....130" of snow so far this winter...and winter ain't over yet...It's amazing what 2000' of elevation difference can do. Here where I live...no snow....:D

Last edited:
"it could be worse."

Just now made it in. And yes, it could be worse. I heard International Falls hit minus 40 below! 40 below zero! And people live there! Ouch! Boston and Slippery Rock were cold enough for me!

Brrrr.... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Ha. Ha. Ha.

DC is hardly the Frozen North.

Go live in Edmonton for a few years, and face 2-3 weeks of -30 in January.
(And at those temps, it's the same between F and C)
Hey, they've even got a nice University.

...art
(who did his time in Edmonton, and it's a nice city, but I'm done with that sort of weather!)

Just to add a little

Yes Glenn I know where Joshua Tree is as I lived in Palm Desert for 5 years :)and still wish that I lived there. Wife has older and younger family here in west central Ohio:doh: that she wants to stay for. My opinion is that I have no idea why anyone would live in a climate like this:dunno:. But that is the way that it goes.
Chuck

Use to go to Hemit for 2 months every winter. Could be cool at night but the daytime temps were nice. Made for a nice break in the winter for us Canadians. We also have a city (Regina Sask) that is the sunshine capital of Canada. However I have never seen any humour in sunshine when it is 40 below :)

I lived in Ramona for 25 years. Got too crowded so I cashed out of California, paid off all my bills and moved to the mountains of Arizona.

But I still miss California. I'd go back - if I fell into a large wad of cash. "Tis expensive living there, but the weather is priceless.