conquering the bowl gouge - episode #1

Is there any good books that explain the bowl gouge use

I can't say that I live in the boonies but but the closest club is 3 hours away. I have had no luck with the bowl gouge, as he said losts of catches. Is there a good book that can explain it nad better yet the best to shappen the tool. Right now I am pretty well religated to scrapers to get the end effect I want, very slow.

Thanks ,Mike

Mike,

BIll Grumbine is a member here. If you go to his membership profile I"m sure he's got his web page listed. Buy his first video...."Turned Bowls Made Easy"....You can buy the videos direct from Bill...I did...or other places sell them too.....CSUSA.....Woodcraft etc.....The nearest club is 110 miles 1-way from me. I learned to turn from Bill's video....a book by Woodturning - A Foundation Course by Keith Rowley and by watching Richard Raffan videos.

If you don't have a sharpening jig get one.....trying to learn to sharpen and learn to turn simulaneously is the ultimate pits! I have Oneway's Wolverine system...expensive but it works....they have a video at the Oneway website that shows how to properly use their jig system. You can, however, make a similar jig system. I wanted to sharpen so I bought their system.....it works great!

Don't get too frustrated.....Hang in there!

Books can explain it, but a DVD or video is the way to go!:thumb:

I will wholeheartedly recommend Bill Grumbine's DVD.....

<< Linky pic

Bill's DVD sure helped me out, big time! :thumb: