Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Max Sliding TableSaw

Mini Max Sliding TableSaw

I am looking at buying a sliding table saw from Mini Max and I was wondering if any one could answer a question for me. I am looking at the Tecnomax S315 WS or the Tecnomax S350 WS . My question is will they fit in a 21’ by 22’ space and still give me room for my other tools and room to do some work ?

darryl, paul cresti is the guy to talk to about shoehorning sliders into tight quarters! i have a 315 and sure it`ll fit.........but what else do you want to put in the space? and how much workin` room are you needing? tod
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Oh yes it will fit! Thanks for the dubious intro Tod just check out my shop tour on this site. I have a heck of a lot of MM stuff in my 625sf shop. I even have the MM S35 10.5ft slider to boot. Am I tight at times...yes and no. When I am in assembly mode sometimes but more often that not I find the capacity and use of a slider far out ways the space useage issues. In my shop the trick to efficient space management is to set up work surfaces the correspond to the machine surfaces and at the same time over lap each other. For example my bandsaw (which just so happens to be a MM24) is on a slight platform which allows it to clear the work bench and FS41 behind it and then clears the S35 in front of it. This way I can easily resaw 8ft pieces of lumber. I added a outfeed table to my S35 that also doubles as my router table.....and so and so on. My advice is plan out the shop. Think of where everything goes and how it interacts with each other.

Thank you for the reply Tod. I am looking at putting a 12” jointer, 16” bandsaw, 16 ½ ” drill press, 20” planer, spindle sander, 24” or bigger drum sander, router table, and a few bench tools like a 12” miter saw, mortiser, production pocket cutter and all kinds of other handheld power tools like drills, sanders, saws and so on. I will put the DC and compressor in small room off the side of the building. I do not need a lot of working room being that I do not build things for a living just for fun. Type of things I build or will be building are bookcases, cabinets and things like that. I will have a few other questions for you Tod. I hope you do not mind. Again thank you for your time and for the reply.

Thank you for the reply also Paul. Thank you for telling me about your shop tour. You have a beautiful shop with a lot of great tools. Do you mind me asking what made you go with the 10.5 ft slider over the 8.5 ft slider ? and do you ever use the extra 2 ft you have on your slider ? Thank you for the advice. I will have a few other questions for you also Paul. I hope you do not mind. Again thank you for your time and for the reply.

darryl, feel free to ask whatever? tod
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Trella View Post
    Thank you for the reply Tod. I am looking at putting a 12” jointer, 16” bandsaw, 16 ½ ” drill press, 20” planer, spindle sander, 24” or bigger drum sander, router table, and a few bench tools like a 12” miter saw, mortiser, production pocket cutter and all kinds of other handheld power tools like drills, sanders, saws and so on. I will put the DC and compressor in small room off the side of the building. I do not need a lot of working room being that I do not build things for a living just for fun. Type of things I build or will be building are bookcases, cabinets and things like that. I will have a few other questions for you Tod. I hope you do not mind. Again thank you for your time and for the reply.
    It sounds like you are going to be getting a lot of great equipment Darryl. Many professional cabinet makers would like to have all that. Have you scetched up plans for how you plan to fit it all in. If so, you might post your sc3etch here for advice.
    Cheers, Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Trella View Post
    I am looking at buying a sliding table saw from Mini Max and I was wondering if any one could answer a question for me. I am looking at the Tecnomax S315 WS or the Tecnomax S350 WS . My question is will they fit in a 21’ by 22’ space and still give me room for my other tools and room to do some work ?
    Yes it will fit. I have the MiniMax CU410 Elite combo which has a similar saw mechanism. I also have a web page showing how I fit it, two bandsaws, a drum sander, full-size lathe, drill press, radial arm saw, etc. etc. along with one car in a two car... oops... in my studio. see www.plesums.com/wood/shop/carfit.html
    Last edited by Charlie Plesums; 12-06-2006 at 05:40 AM.
    Charlie Plesums, Austin Texas
    (Retired early to become a custom furnituremaker)
    Lots of my free advice at www.solowoodworker.com

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Plesums View Post
    Yes it will fit. I have the MiniMax CU410 Elite combo which has a similar saw mechanism. I also have a web page showing how I fit it, two bandsaws, a drum sander, full-size lathe, drill press, radial arm saw, etc. etc. along with one car in a two car... oops... in my studio. see www.plesums.com/wood/wood/shop/carfit.html
    Charlie,

I wanted to see your shop, so I clicked on the link. I found that you had one too many '/wood' in the link you posted. I found the page in question and found that linking here will work.

Thanks for sharing...
    - Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there’s no end to what you can’t do…

Thank you Tod. One of the questions I have for you Tod is do you ever wish you had the 10.5 ft slider or is the 8.5 ft slider you have more then big enough to take care of all of your needs ? Also is the 4.8hp, 1ph, 230V Main Motor enough power or do I need to get the 9hp, 3ph, 230V Main Motor ? Thank you for the reply and for you time again Tod.