Mini Max Sliding TableSaw

I am looking at buying a sliding table saw from Mini Max and I was wondering if any one could answer a question for me. I am looking at the Tecnomax S315 WS or the Tecnomax S350 WS . My question is will they fit in a 21’ by 22’ space and still give me room for my other tools and room to do some work ?

darryl, paul cresti is the guy to talk to about shoehorning sliders into tight quarters! i have a 315 and sure it`ll fit.........but what else do you want to put in the space? and how much workin` room are you needing? tod

Oh yes it will fit! Thanks for the dubious intro Tod ;) just check out my shop tour on this site. I have a heck of a lot of MM stuff in my 625sf shop. I even have the MM S35 10.5ft slider to boot. Am I tight at times...yes and no. When I am in assembly mode sometimes but more often that not I find the capacity and use of a slider far out ways the space useage issues. In my shop the trick to efficient space management is to set up work surfaces the correspond to the machine surfaces and at the same time over lap each other. For example my bandsaw (which just so happens to be a MM24) is on a slight platform which allows it to clear the work bench and FS41 behind it and then clears the S35 in front of it. This way I can easily resaw 8ft pieces of lumber. I added a outfeed table to my S35 that also doubles as my router table.....and so and so on. My advice is plan out the shop. Think of where everything goes and how it interacts with each other.

Thank you for the reply Tod. I am looking at putting a 12” jointer, 16” bandsaw, 16 ½ ” drill press, 20” planer, spindle sander, 24” or bigger drum sander, router table, and a few bench tools like a 12” miter saw, mortiser, production pocket cutter and all kinds of other handheld power tools like drills, sanders, saws and so on. I will put the DC and compressor in small room off the side of the building. I do not need a lot of working room being that I do not build things for a living just for fun. Type of things I build or will be building are bookcases, cabinets and things like that. I will have a few other questions for you Tod. I hope you do not mind. Again thank you for your time and for the reply.

Thank you for the reply also Paul. Thank you for telling me about your shop tour. You have a beautiful shop with a lot of great tools. Do you mind me asking what made you go with the 10.5 ft slider over the 8.5 ft slider ? and do you ever use the extra 2 ft you have on your slider ? Thank you for the advice. I will have a few other questions for you also Paul. I hope you do not mind. Again thank you for your time and for the reply.

Thank you for the reply Tod. I am looking at putting a 12” jointer, 16” bandsaw, 16 ½ ” drill press, 20” planer, spindle sander, 24” or bigger drum sander, router table, and a few bench tools like a 12” miter saw, mortiser, production pocket cutter and all kinds of other handheld power tools like drills, sanders, saws and so on. I will put the DC and compressor in small room off the side of the building. I do not need a lot of working room being that I do not build things for a living just for fun. Type of things I build or will be building are bookcases, cabinets and things like that. I will have a few other questions for you Tod. I hope you do not mind. Again thank you for your time and for the reply.
It sounds like you are going to be getting a lot of great equipment Darryl. Many professional cabinet makers would like to have all that. Have you scetched up plans for how you plan to fit it all in. If so, you might post your sc3etch here for advice.

I am looking at buying a sliding table saw from Mini Max and I was wondering if any one could answer a question for me. I am looking at the Tecnomax S315 WS or the Tecnomax S350 WS . My question is will they fit in a 21’ by 22’ space and still give me room for my other tools and room to do some work ?
Yes it will fit. I have the MiniMax CU410 Elite combo which has a similar saw mechanism. I also have a web page showing how I fit it, two bandsaws, a drum sander, full-size lathe, drill press, radial arm saw, etc. etc. along with one car in a two car... oops... in my studio. see www.plesums.com/wood/shop/carfit.html

Last edited:
Yes it will fit. I have the MiniMax CU410 Elite combo which has a similar saw mechanism. I also have a web page showing how I fit it, two bandsaws, a drum sander, full-size lathe, drill press, radial arm saw, etc. etc. along with one car in a two car... oops... in my studio. see www.plesums.com/wood/wood/shop/carfit.html

Charlie,

I wanted to see your shop, so I clicked on the link. I found that you had one too many '/wood' in the link you posted. I found the page in question and found that linking here will work.

Thanks for sharing...
- Marty -

Thank you Tod. One of the questions I have for you Tod is do you ever wish you had the 10.5 ft slider or is the 8.5 ft slider you have more then big enough to take care of all of your needs ? Also is the 4.8hp, 1ph, 230V Main Motor enough power or do I need to get the 9hp, 3ph, 230V Main Motor ? Thank you for the reply and for you time again Tod.

Hello Frank. I have not sketched up any plans for how I plan to fit it all in yet. I am getting some cardboard this weekend so I can make some full size templates that I can lay on the ground and try and play with the placement. I find that works better for me then any computer plans. If I have some time I will try and put something on the computer so that others can give me advice. I always love advice from people because they might have an idea I did not think of or a way that might work better. Thank you for your time and for the message Frank

Thank you for the reply also Charlie. Thank you for the link to your web page showing how you fit it all in your space. I guess I do not have to worry because if you can fit all of your tools and car in your space and it is just a little smaller then my space then I should have no problem at all. I don’t have to try and put a car in my space I have another garage for my car. Do you have the 1 phase power or 3 phase power on your combo ? and do you ever find that you could have used a 10.5 ft slider or is the 8.5 ft more then big enough ? Again thank you for your time and for the reply.

...I guess I do not have to worry because if you can fit all of your tools and car in your space and it is just a little smaller then my space then I should have no problem at all. I don’t have to try and put a car in my space I have another garage for my car. ...
Putting the car in is sort of a parlor trick... something I only do when we are out of town. I have to move all the work in process and movable machines out of the way - not something I want to do every day. I put up that web page because I got tired of people telling me that you can't get a combo in a garage... Yes, you can, and I do. It is tight, but it works, and could coexist with a car for a hobby woodworker.
...Do you have the 1 phase power or 3 phase power on your combo ? and do you ever find that you could have used a 10.5 ft slider or is the 8.5 ft more then big enough ?...
I only have single phase power... and rarely sense the machine straining. I hear you can stack 4 sheets of plywood and cut them all at once, so maybe if I were working that way, I would start running short of power. No strain cutting 8/4 hickory, oak, or walnut.

What are you building? I rarely have furniture that is over 8 feet tall (the couple times I did, I built it in sections for delivery), therefore it is rare to need pieces over 8 feet. I suspect someone who does architectural millwork would have more use for a 10 foot slider. So, bottom line, no desire for a longer slider, but I can't imagine not having the 8 foot length.

Thank you Tod. One of the questions I have for you Tod is do you ever wish you had the 10.5 ft slider or is the 8.5 ft slider you have more then big enough to take care of all of your needs ? Also is the 4.8hp, 1ph, 230V Main Motor enough power or do I need to get the 9hp, 3ph, 230V Main Motor ? Thank you for the reply and for you time again Tod.

darryl, on occasion i wish i had the longer slider but it`s only when i need to straightline stuff over 8`.....common sense tells me that for 95% or more of my work the 8` is fine and the money to upgrade would take quite a while to be a wash in my shop. as far as the motor goes it really depends on how you work.....i`ll push any motor `till it grunts and back off just a tad.....so again it falls on what you want to accomplish and how deap your pockets are...if you`re going to be running a production shop and trying to cut the maximum amount of wood in the shortest time then look into the 3-phase stuff...if you have 3-phase power available "off the poll" it really is worthy of consideration, if you`ll need a convertor that`s another 2-3k that may be better spent on other equipment? it`d be lots easier to offer advice if i knew what your intended use for the equipment was? hobby/pro/production...ect, what power sources are available to you without dropping major bucks...right now all of us are only able to give kind of broad general purpose advice.....tod

Thank you for the reply Tod. My intended use for the equipment at this time is mainly hobby. I might also build a few things for other people once and a while. I am not sure if I would ever get into production work. I do not have 3-phase power available to me off the poll. I would need a converter. again thank you for your time and for the reply

Darryl,
Sounds like you plan on placing a lot of tools in there :thumb: I have pretty much the same amount maybe a couple of more but I do not have a lot of free assembly space. The way I have countered this is by A) having a combo jointer/planer that also is my mortising machine B) The J/P is the onlt mobile machine in my shop so I can move it if need be. I did need to do this early this year in order to work on a BIG entertainment center. I know it is not the "ideal" situation to have a combo J/P but in my setup I have not one single regret. It is a great sapce saver and a great machine! I doubt I would have been able to afford separate machines of the same quality or performance. In the end my J/P is three machines in one.

As far as slider, if you can afford/fit the 10.5 by all means do so. It allows you extra clearance for clamps with 8'-0" panels and longer boards plus it allows you to have the outrigger with main crosscut fence on one end while have the big miter gauge on the other. More often than not I find myself crosscutting and mitering at the same time and because of the extra length on the slider I have room and no need to redo setups. Place you slider so that you can get a full stroke back into the shop and then the full foward stroke would require you to open something like an overhead door. In my case I have it position so that I can do alll cuts about 8'-6" in size without ever opening the over head door.

If you are in this for the long haul seriously do consider 3phase with a phase converter. Motors have more power, run cooler, last longer and are more efficient.

Good luck and have fun!