morning disaster

Frank Fusco

Our coffee maker bit the dust last night. Just won't work. And, we don't have any instant on hand. I had to boil some water and pour through the basket to get a starter cup before church. Wally World will see us come by later today.

Our hearts and minds go out to you and your family, Frank. I hope you can make it through the rough times between now and whenever you can get to Wally World. :D

Oh the HORROR!!!

Please accept my condolences for the agony you must me suffering!

BTW, I've had a couple cups!
jiggy.gif

There is no bigger coffee addict than me. I keep the Folgers company solvent. I'd give up coffee before making my annual trip to Wally World. I don't like to go shopping. I don't like Wally World. I try (I really do try Sharon) to shop in Wally World at least one time annually. I don't take my wife with me, in case, I freak out in the parking lot or just plain ole' chicken out in the parking lot..I could lie about making the trip since there were no credible witnesses with me....I don't shop anywhere I have to park 4 acres away......Did I mention I don't like shopping or Wally World?

My sympathies Frank!:(

Our thoughts and prayers are with you in these tryiing times. One little word, three letters Frank, Tea !! Ok I know it got a bad wrap years ago in Boston but it is good for such occasions. Cheerio, pip pip and all that rot. :rofl::rofl:

Frank,

My sympathies are with you. But, like Weldon Kees said, "most things break." Given that, you should do what true coffee addicts do: pick up several cans of premade coffee, like they sell at starbucks and trader joe's. Pouring boiling water through coffee filters is so 90's... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Wow, that was close. Congrats on powering through a difficult time ;-) The very thought of a morning without coffee makes me shudder. Wait, shuddering takes too much energy, I should have said groan :).

I survived. :clap: Pouring hot water through the filter got results. Not good results but gulpable coffee. Later found a tiny, one cup, maker in the pantry. Works and I'm drinking coffee from it now. Need to get that caffeine titer up to working levels before world starts revolving every day. ;)
Cheers, y'all.

I survived. :clap: Pouring hot water through the filter got results. Not good results but gulpable coffee. Later found a tiny, one cup, maker in the pantry. Works and I'm drinking coffee from it now. Need to get that caffeine titer up to working levels before world starts revolving every day. ;)
Cheers, y'all.

Glad to hear that you survived Frank. I think you need to build a case and put a jar of instant behind it with a sign in case of emergency.....:rofl::rofl:

Our coffee maker bit the dust last night. Just won't work. And, we don't have any instant on hand. I had to boil some water and pour through the basket to get a starter cup before church. Wally World will see us come by later today.

Hey Frank, what's tough about that? That's the way my "BUNN" coffee maker does it all the time.:D Best coffee around, never scorched and you can get whatever "Richness" of Flavor you want by adjusting the amount of coffee in the filter, (which I do a lot).:thumb: The downside of the coffee maker being down for the count is waiting for the water to boil, (which always takes three times as long when you're WAITING for it):bang:.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Some one mentioned tea...I have not weened myself off coffee altogether, but I have slowly switched over to tea mostly. Green tea at that which is supposedly better for you.

For that first cup in the morning though, coffee has got to jump start me.

Glad you're through the crisis, Frank. :D I'm a tea guy myself. Ever since I stopped drinking beer years ago, I go through a gallon of iced Lipton tea daily. (I don't want the blood level in my caffeine system to get too high.) :p Lacking tea, Coca-Cola is my preferred caffeine delivery system. Even on an ice-cold morning in the snow, I love the kick from a cold can of Coke. If I have to drink coffee, I'll add enough sugar, cream, and cocoa mix to hide the coffee flavor. :eek:

There is no bigger coffee addict than me.
My sympathies Frank!:(

Oh I bet I could give you run for your money. IF I leave the house for any amount of time I carry two Stanly 1 quart thermos, plus I fill my 16 ounce stainless cup. In fact I'll be going to bed shortly and I'm still drinking coffee :D

If I don't get 5 or 6 pots a day in me I go into caffeine withdrawal :D

Some one mentioned tea...I have not weened myself off coffee altogether, but I have slowly switched over to tea mostly. Green tea at that which is supposedly better for you.

For that first cup in the morning though, coffee has got to jump start me.

Actually Travis Some teas have more caffine than coffee does. Yes the green teas are far better. I found a real funky tea shop here with all kinds of natural teas and info on teas. Here is the link http://www.silkroadtea.com/

Oh I bet I could give you run for your money. IF I leave the house for any amount of time I carry two Stanly 1 quart thermos, plus I fill my 16 ounce stainless cup. In fact I'll be going to bed shortly and I'm still drinking coffee :D

If I don't get 5 or 6 pots a day in me I go into caffeine withdrawal :D

I was doing that when working in Chicago 30 years ago. My co-workers would look on the front seat of my car and see how many thermos I had with me to determine what kind of a day I had planned.

I have actually become alergic to caffeine. I quit drinking colas, etc 12 years ago after realizing that everytime I drank one, later I could actually feel my heart beat...which I normally don't.

I drink a very mild coffee and it's 1/2 caf/1/2 decaf. I still go through way too many pots in a day.

Canned coffee is the standard fair here in Japan, I basically hate the stuff, sure it has caffeine in it, but the only way it tastes near good is with a ton of sugar in it.....:doh:

I brew my own, I have a Thermos brand drip coffee maker, goes into a carafe thing, stays nice and hot for about 4 hours (not that it lasts that long).

I have a Starbucks brand espresso machine, that I make myself a double tall latte every morning :thumb:

Green tea, yeah, I'm trying to drink a lot more of that, there was a recent study done here, over 15 years, I think, a large sample too. If they drink over 5 cups of green tea a day (one cup of tea, not a "Cup" of tea, one cup is about 6 onces) so around 24 fl Oz of tea, and there was a reduction of over 50% in the cancer rate.

I don't mind the stuff myself, there are a lot of kinds, so very bitter, some very smooth, I'd rather have it hot, but that is the same with coffee.

Anyway, glad you made it through the morning Frank! :wave:

My understanding of tea is this, it has caffeine in it, but it also has a sedative too. I saw this on modern marvels and basically what they said was, coffee hits you with adrenaline and gives you that fight-or flight kind of jolt. Tea has enough stimulant to wake you up, but enough of a sedative so that you are merely awoken not cranked up.:dunno:

My green tea may not be everyone. I simple toss a few bags of it into a gallon jug and put it in the refrigerator. Its very weak I admit, but just enough to give it some taste. Whatever amount of tea in it must be enough because when I drink it, I go to the bathroom a lot. I mean a lot. I had to tell the boss that I was not trying to get out of work, it was simply the green tea I drink.

But today I think that will be good. I think I got a touch of what Alyson had, and I think Green Tea helps keep you hydrated and flushed out. That is just a gut feeling, I am not a doctor so I really don't know. :dunno: