Turning off the mouse over preview***Solution!***

Chuck Ellis

Is there a way to turn off the mouse over preview of a thread... I find it annoying. I like to read the titles of the threads and if one interests me, I can click on it... but I don't like the pop up preview.

Frank,

That's when you move your mouse close to, or over the thread title and get the first xxx letters of the thread text displayed in a "pop-up" window. FW was set to show the first 150 letters of the first post...I set it now to show none.

Jim,

I edited this in at the same time you were posting...

"Besides being annoying, IMO, sometimes the thread takes a different turn and the "preview" doesn't reflect at all where the thread is now focused. Also, how many times to do you need to keep seeing the same words...:doh:"

Greg, was/is there a time option on it? How long the mouse had to hover before the pop up window was displayed? If so a longer hover might be a good compromise for those that like it.

I never used it but never found it annoying either.

I found it annoying, too. I actually just stop mousing over that part and just hover over the thread date or some other column to keep it from coming up. I don't like having to do that, but I like the bubble less.

I like it and think it should be left on:(. There is a way to make it function ONLY when you hover directly over the post title rather than anywhere in the title box. I have seen it set up both ways at SMC.

Jeff,

You set the number of letters of ONLY the first post to display. It was set to 150 characters. If you set it to "0", the option is turned off, and there is no display.

It's only a short "preview" and does not show the whole post.

The Preview function comes on when the cursor is anywhere in the narrow post title window...not just the title. I have not seen any place to set for just previewing over the title. SMC's comes on anywhere in the post title window too.

I like the preview also. Sometimes the title is not descriptive enough and the preview helps me decide whether I want to click on it to read it.

Please leave it enabled. It's easy for those who don't like it to ignore it but if it's shut off, those of us who like it are left out.

Mike