1st Small HF

Here is my first small HF that I finished this weekend. It is Red Gum with a purple heart collar. It is finished with Watco Danish Oil and after it dries for 72 hrs. will get a coat of either lacquer or wipe on poly. It is 6" tall and 3 1/2" across. Critques welcome.

Attachments

• Red Gum Vase 2.jpg
    Red Gum Vase 2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Red Gum Vase 3.jpg
    Red Gum Vase 3.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Red Gum Vase 4.jpg
    Red Gum Vase 4.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Red Gum Vase 5.jpg
    Red Gum Vase 5.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 25
Bernie, I'm not a turner so I don't know what to look for from a technical point of view, but ............ I LIKE IT!
:thumb:
Nice shape and finish from what I can see

Thanks for sharing

Jay

Nice shape, nice size, good form, neat wood, like the collar................ what kind of muffins did you have :D

Hey, show us your bottom :eek: ;) :rofl:

Looks good Bernie! :thumb:

Another nice one Bernie. I like how the purpleheart compliments the colors of the Red Gum. Nice form too. Me thinks that's a keeper. ;)

Nice form. I've never had luck with gum. It just made my tools bouncy so I quit using it. Maybe that was due to dull tools, after all it was when I first started to turn.

Thanks I appreciate it. i bought a set of Kelton Hollowers and this is the first time I got to use them since I got them in Sept. Anyway I kinda like making these things.

I've been busy, so I'm playing catch-up around here, but that's a nice-looking hollow form, Bernie. Pretty combination of woods, and the form and finish look great.