sawstop contractor saw

frank,

i think it is because of the way the sawstop is priced. they show the cab saw at one price but when they qoute it they add delivery to their store and to you, and they add an extra cartridge and the dado cartridge. so i think they like to know what options and extras you want.

they originally showed the price at 799, if so i think that would be a great price for the peace of mind.

chris

I originally thought it would be about $800, at which point it would be a must have. Even Doorlink would go for that one! Then last fall they were talking 1K more than that, which is *way* out of my ballpark.

It's too bad. I don't need the fence, or the stand, or even the wings. But I've given up even thinking about it. For that kind of money, I've be better off with a festool saw and guide :(

Thanks,

Bill

scott, if the pricing is like the cab saw, it will be closer to 1500 to get it. i don't remember the specifics of the price for the cab saw but it was somewhere like 3200 total. can't remember it the fence was extra or not.

i'll search for a thread i think i posted the pricing in

chris

Well, they've posted prices on the web ad now, but you still have to call to order.

Ouch, the prices they have posted are as much as I paid for my new PM-66 in '91, and it "included" a Biese Commercial Fence with it and two cast iron wings.