Creative "trailering"

No pickup...no trailer...no lack of ingenuity...

This is a real photo taken by me (Travis Johnson) from a house in East Thorndike,Maine!! This photo was not photo-shopped together!

New_Snowmobile_Transport.JPG

Travis, how much does a machine like that weigh anyway?

Crazy huh?

Its hard to say. My sled is a 4 stroke so its quite heavy at 630 pounds. Of course that is dry so add 10 gallons of fuel to it, a gallon of oil and its a pretty soggy machine, and that is BEFORE I climb onto it.

That sled is pretty small,so its probably around 450-500 pounds.

How'd he get it up there? Drive off a snowbank? Takes all kinds.

Err, y'know I have no idea if snowmobiles come with reverse. :eek: If they do, I would think they could nose the car into a snowbank and back it right up.

Still, clearly a "winterbeater" car that the guy (and you KNOW it is a man) doesn't care about.

Good comment about the center of gravity. Imagine him taking the corner a bit too quickly and having that 5-600 pound weight flipping the car onto it's side? :eek:

Proof that the term redneck is NOT just a southern term... and something I learned very quickly after moving to Ohio. It seems to have more than I've seen in Texas, and Alabama put together, but that's another story.:D

Concerning the CG comments, if he'd put the snow mobile on top of the car upside down he could just change modes of transportation if he rolls it.:rofl:

I have no idea if snowmobiles come with reverse.

Most do.I would say this relic of a sled does not however since its missing a windshield, the skis are wiped out, the track is almost dry-rotted in half, and the seat is ripped...

Just a bit more info about sleds if you are truly wondering...they have really evolved. My current snowmobile, a 2005 Yamaha produces 120 horsepower, is a 4 stroke, has electric start, reverse, a 1500 lb winch, hand warmers, a thumb warmer, GPS and a holder for my cell phone.

Top speed is around 110 mph, and in one of my ½ mile long fields I can be at a stop, take off and hit 100 mph, and yet slow down in time to make the turn at the end of the field to keep from hitting the trees. It does this with a redline at 10,600 rpm, and yet gets 23 mpg for fuel economy. The motor itself is a 1000 cc, triple cylinder engine.

In short it goes faster, gets better gas mileage, and has more horsepower then my pickup. My pickup however cost me ,4500 bucks used. This sled was $9,900 new. A lot of money for a toy, but it is a fun toy :)

Unfrozen_Fast_Stream2.JPG