Taser as a gift

Drew,

As I mentioned before, moderation is all subjective anyway...it's not as if a dead horse is being beaten, it is the way things work not just here at FWW but other forums that have moderation as well.

I have had posts removed because it was pointed out that my foul language was not acceptable. This always makes me wonder...:huh: I have always used extended ASCII characters to represent any type of foul language. This method is and has been the accepted forum of using profanity on the inet. Yes, since before some of the folks that have acquired computers over the past couple years were around, the very folks that take the most offense to this type of accepted practice.

I often get slammed by people who moderate, or try to place implication on the posts that each of us leave on these fora, each seem to have their own value system and have their own way of determining just what they consider acceptable.

You can't live a sheltered life and expect everything will be rosey, IMO, because this is the real world just like it is when you walk down the street. Profanity is heard everywhere, people don't even care to cover it up. Also, could be a visual site, as simple as a homeless person laying in some filthy clothes with their privates exposed, drunk off their, errr...feet, yeah their feet...:p This is a profane site to many folks, some will prevent their kids from looking at it, or deny that it even exists...but at the end of the day it is all there for us to see/hear, and when our kids are not being sheltered by us, they need to have the wisdom to understand just how the situation relates to them. We do not live in glass houses, and in some cases having guidelines is like throwing stones inside. It is a double edge sword.

I know the intention of the CoC was in good spirit, and that the folks involved and doing the moderation contribute their time to ensure the foras operate smoothly, but you just can't change the fact that we are all human after all, we laugh at things we feel is funny, and we do what we do to uphold the standards which we each feel fit our personality and/or lifestyle.

As an example, I saw profanity being used by a gentleman that is studying to become a Father, his comment was that he had been busier than a one legged man in an bottom kicking contest. Here's a man studying under the book to become a Father, and made that type of comment here. Peter is studying to become a Father, nice enough guy who I've exchanged email with. What gave him the inspiration to post that comment? I don't have an answer. But he must have thought it to be witty or humorous in some way or most likely wouldn't have done it.

The other side of the coin is that FWW doesn't charge people to use the site, they don't require that people come here to post, and there is no obligation to do anything, for anyone that feels free to come along and post. When in Rome...do like the Romans, is the best fitting analogy. This even implies that people that went to visit Rome must have found it different than their own personality or lifestyle, but to save your head, it was important to be able to fit in when in Rome! :doh:If FWW is Rome, it is them who pay the cost of the hardware needed, the service needed, and as such they do get to dictate how the members use it. Whether this service is free or they charge has little bearing, at the end of the day it belongs to FWW and the members should respect it or not patronize FWW.

Another thing, if you feel this thread has lived it's life through the thread, you don't need to reply to any of them, just as nobody else does either.

I know I probably sound like a broken record, but it really gets down to freedoms and ability to participate and collaborate which make the inet what it is. No matter how you slice and dice it, it really kinda is that simple. This is also why our country has been able to exist on a small set of guidelines, known as the Constitution, and what the declaration of independence was intended to do, provide people their freedom rather than having some governing body from another country dictate how we would live in America, or something like that (insert your own definition where applicable). This is similar to the 10 Commandments, a small subset of guidelines that holds true for most all situations. We all get to decide on the grey area we accept between those guidelines, and FWW has some guidelines on how they determine that here. When in Rome...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem with the rules here. I saw Drews joke and did not find it offensive. Would I have told it that way to my daughter when she was 10, no. I would also not have allowed her to go to Craigslist , and that is allowed here. It is a fine line the Mod's have to travel and the only thing I ask of them is to be civil and that seems to be the case here.