Something a little different for me

Kevin McPeek

I started this long enough ago that I don't care to remember when, but I finally had time to finish it (minus final finish coat). I'm not sure about this shape of bowl and won't be doing anymore like it any time soon for two reasons. One, I can't get a worth while core out of it and two, I'm not crazy about it.
Anyway, it's mesquite and about 13 1/2" x 5 1/4".
Please feel free to critique. I know the pics stink, they looked slightly better before compressing enough to post.

Attachments

• phpOTzdDzPM.jpg
    phpOTzdDzPM.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 38
  • phpP5P8QiPM.jpg
    phpP5P8QiPM.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 33
  • php6QGTuAPM.jpg
    php6QGTuAPM.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 28
Ditto what Carol said. I think it looks nice, and the pics look fine on my monitors. :thumb: I was looking at a blank on my lathe last night and thinking of turning something similar...ended up with a more traditional bowl shape (and wishing I had a coring rig, since another 2 or 3 bowls worth of wood ended up on the floor).

Kevin, I like it!, of course I like designs that are out of the ordinary. Mesquite is great isn't it? I just scored a large log lying by a road-widening project. I'm cutting some into boards and some into bowl blanks (I go both ways);) Cheers, Barry