Hey Guess What...............??

LOL!! Actually, it's funny that you mention that, Stu. I'm about to finish up a new cutting board that I plan on putting away as a Christmas gift for next year. Also, based on a thread that I saw earlier this morning, I'm going to pull the trigger on a couple of "Bowie" knife kits I'm going to use as gifts for my two brothers-in-law. So, I guess you could say I'm thinking ahead... :thumb: :D

- Keith:D:D

Stu, thanks for the heads up...I do want to get started early this year...can you remind me again in about 9 1/2 months!!!:D:rofl:

I haven't started anything yet - probably 9 months and a few days too early for a procrastinator such as I! BUT...... That Greene & Greene chest by Dave Mathias in the recent Popular Woodworking has me thinking..... :rolleyes:

I've already thrown in the towel on getting Christmas gifts ready for 2008. I'm working on gifts for 2010 instead. It'll probably be tight but I might make it. :D:rofl:

........... Only 10 months to Christmas :D
Not to cause problems, but I once had a post pulled as I was told that it bordered on religious content, as it related to Jesus.

Isn't a post about Christmas a religious topic that shouldn't be discussed per the CoC?

I mean, I'm not Christian, so in some ways it is offensive to me, so I'm playing devil's advocate. :rolleyes:

This is only to point out that depending on how one interprets a post, it is possible to make even a simple post as this become a religious topic. :p

Stu........ were you talking to me? Making fun of me?? Just because I am still working on my sisters Christmas gift??

I will have you know I only need to put another coat of finish on the back panel and I will be done with it. Well, and install the pulls.

Not to cause problems, but I once had a post pulled as I was told that it bordered on religious content, as it related to Jesus.

Isn't a post about Christmas a religious topic that shouldn't be discussed per the CoC?

I mean, I'm not Christian, so in some ways it is offensive to me, so I'm playing devil's advocate. :rolleyes:

This is only to point out that depending on how one interprets a post, it is possible to make even a simple post as this become a religious topic. :p
Alan, I don't think the act of making and giving Christmas gifts has a whole lot to do with religion. (I'm not a Christian either, but I make and give gifts at that time of year.) OTOH, a comment about a carpenter, a cross, and nails, did have religious implications, especially when posted right before Christmas.

Alan, I don't think the act of making and giving Christmas gifts has a whole lot to do with religion. (I'm not a Christian either, but I make and give gifts at that time of year.) OTOH, a comment about a carpenter, a cross, and nails, did have religious implications, especially when posted right before Christmas.
No, I think this is where you are fundamentally wrong in your thinking.

I posted a message that talked about a Jewish carpenter walking into a bar, tossing some nails down, and making a comment. There is actually nothing religious in context about it, although the reader will draw the conclusion for themselves.

That is religious, but somehow this is not even though it involves one of the most religious holiday for a certain sector of people that call themselves Christians. Somehow that is not religious to you, but the prior is.

This has nothing to do with you being Christian or me not, or someone else being Atheist. The fact is that this message is clearly in a religious context, and implying people should hurry and get things done to offer for the holiday celebrated by the specific sector noted. Too bad I can't tell you what I really think, in PUBLIC, like a true open forum would work.

As Stu always says, have a nice day! :wave:

Nice try Alan, but you are wrong :D :wave:
I can usually figure I'm wrong with how your twisted CoC reads. I take note of the attrition in your moderators, the people who do post, how much content exists. I think it all speaks for itself. ;)

As a member, I have the right on whether I post or not, just like everyone else.:wave: