Desert Ironwood Pen

Stuart Ablett

First one.........

desert_ironwood_pen1.JPG desert_ironwood_pen2.JPG desert_ironwood_pen3.JPG desert_ironwood_pen4.JPG

I know the pics are great, my cell phone :rolleyes: The other camera has died, so that is all I have for now.

LV Fat Cigar pen kit.

Not bad stuff to turn at all, I'm pleased, and this pen has some serious heft to it :thumb:

Cheers!

Nice-looking pen, Stu. Is that some of the ironwood from Barry Richardson? Wherever it's from, it looks sweet. :thumb:

Cool pen!, I've been waiting to see some of the handiwork from you guys with that wood. I find the wood is quite well behaved in turning, the only thing I don't like is the smell and the dust. Keep em coming! Barry

Stu, if you can find some Desert Ironwood with some color variation in it they make some of the most beautiful pens around. I have never turned a DI pen that did not sell almost as fast as I put it in my display case. I usually turn the largest most impressive pen I can with DI like a Statesmen or Gent.

Your pen looks wonderful. How did you like the smell of DI?

Very nice pen Stu. I know you took it with your keitai but even so my recommendation is to take a pic with more contrast. It is a little difficult to see the wood grain against the chunk of wood it is sitting on.