Still wishing for the Donny and Jeff Reunion ?

We understand. You old rock-n-rollers gotta be careful of the electric shock risk of mixing wet Didies and an electric guitar.:D
Yeah, nothing will get your attention quite like a wet one and an improperly grounded microphone. Makes my lips hurt just thinking about it. :rofl:

A little late coming in on this thread but being the itinerant music fan I am I never stop looking. Here is a small list of what I am listening to recently.

Richard Thompson - Sweet Warrior
David Bromberg - Try Me One More Time
Graham Parker - Don't Tell Columbus
Rusted Root
Jesse Wichester
Kathleen Edwards

Of the above my favourite is David Bromberg's latest release. Not only because it is the kind of music I like but he is the consummate musician followed by a close second Richard Thompson for the same reason. Jesse Winchester doesn't record a lot these days but his catalog of music is filled with gems.

Alex, based on that artist list, I think you'd enjoy www.radioparadise.com. High-quality, commercial-free streaming music put together by a frustrated FM disc jockey who decided to start a station playing what HE wanted. Give them a listen...I think you'll like it.

For some reason neither Richard Thomas or Rusted Root have ever really floated my boat. They do what they do very well, though. And both get airplay on RadioParadise. ;)

Vaughn thanks for the link. I used to listen to Radio Paradise a lot a few years back when I was at a company that listened to radio in the office. I found Radio Paradise was the best for my taste. I also used to post there on their forum under the addy AI-in-Japan. These days I don't listen to the radio much but would like to more.

You being a guitar dude I think you really should check out Richard Thompson a little more. He has countless guitar riffs up his sleeve in a style that is all his own. He is also a very talented songwiter and a pretty decent singer. But I do hear you; each to his own.

During bouts of waiting for epoxy to dry, I did a bit of YouTube surfing this weekend. Lots of great stuff there. Most of what I was looking at was stuff from Robben Ford, Brand X, Airto Moriera, Milton Nascimento, Weather Report (and Jaco Pastorius with others), and George Harrison. Stumbled across one of my favorites from George's later stuff that I wasn't aware he had a video for. Even has cameos from Ringo & Elton. Great tune - a bit nostalgic and even sort of sad, but great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DET45Tr421s

Last edited:
Us old guys really had the best music ever:headbang:. It is music that you can actually sing with and understand. :thumb:I've been listening to Pandora.com for streaming music. My taste go to Chicago blues to old western swing (40's-early 60's):eek: dixeyland, and old rock & roll with a good addition of some Jazz. :D and some stuff I won't admit to;) (no not rap or hip hop):rofl:

Sally go round the Roses (1962)

Sally go round the roses (sally go round the roses)
Sally go round the roses (sally go round the pretty roses)

Hope this place can't hurt you (hope this place can't hurt you)
Roses they can't hurt you (roses they can't hurt you)
Sally don't you go, don't you go downtown
Sally don't you go-o, don't you go downtown
Saddest thing in the whole wide world
Is see your baby with another girl
Sally go round, oh Sally don't you go
Sally don't you go, Don't you go downtown
Oh, don't you go downtown
See your baby with another girl

Sally go round the roses (Sally go round the roses)
Sally go round the roses (Sally go round the pretty roses)

They won't tell your secret (they won't tell your secret)
They won't tell your secret, Oh no won't tell your secret
Sally baby cry, let your hair hang down
Sit and cry with the door closed
Sit and cry so no one knows
See your baby with another girl

Sally go round the roses (Sally go round the roses)

The Story