As the Wood Turns

Jim Ketron

Last wed I had a local News crew (Tim Cable) come by my shop and do a little segment on Me and my turning.
Since 1990, Tim has hosted "Cable Country," a folksy feature-type segment profiling unique people in and around Northeast Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, and western North Carolina. Tim describes the segment as "a poor man's Charles Kuralt." Tim also anchors "NewsChannel 11 at Five" weekdays at 5:00 p.m.
It aired tonight and he already has it up on his Blog, Here is a link so you can check it out.

http://www.tricitiesblogs.com/cablecountry/comments/as_the_wood_turns/

Jim, what a great segment! Some of those pieces he showed in the video are familiar-looking - I think I've seen them before somewhere! Congratulations on your "celebrity."

Nancy

So...which guy was you? :rofl:

Major congrats, Jim. :clap: Must have been fun doing the interview, then seeing what parts actually made it into the segment.

Great exposé...shows what turning can be, and what a lot of us feel. Geez, I gotta crank open my shop soon, all this great stuff driving me nuts...anyone know when spring will be here, can't even walk out to the shop without shovelling all day

Jim - Congrats on the TV show! Glad to see you get the recognition you deserve! Like Nancy stated - good to see more of your work and there were lots of familiar pieces - still love that vase you turned!

Nice interview, Jim. You have some incredible pieces there. Well done! :)

By the way, I love the music on your site!! I know I recognize the song on Page 2...I just can't place it.

Last edited: