Johnson's Paste Wax

Doug Jones

Seems like I read that some people are having problems finding some Johnson's paste wax to keep the iron from rusting. I have a Meijer store local to me (Lafayette) that has the 1 lb. cans on the shelf. If you can't find some and are wanting it bad enough, I'll get it for you at cost plus shipping. Should run in the ballpark of $10 +/-. Let me know before Thursdays, thats when I make my Meijer run.

Attachments

• DSC00153.JPG
    DSC00153.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 37
Hi Doug :wave:,
It is very nice of you to offer that to the folks who can't easily get hold of it. I use the product and have done so for years. It is easy to find here so I won't need any, but "thanks" for your willingness to step up and help! :thumb:
Shaz :)

Well maybe a can of the "Jones's" :rofl::rofl:

I've noticed that it comes and goes off the shelves. sometimes it is easy to find but then when I run out, I can't seem to find it anywhere, then I do find a can and it seems to be everywhere. :huh:

Having recently spent way more time than necessary to find this wonderful product last weekend, I want to add that it is most likely found in your local friendly Home Depot or Lowes. The tricky part is that it is not always located with the other floor wax products like Minwax or whatever. In the stores near me, it was up to 2 aisles away, mixed in with various cleaning supplies.

I can only hypothesize this was strategically placed on these secret shelves by local woodworkers hoping to keep stock available for themselves or for those who possess the patience to search tirelessly through thousands of products they'll never use to find the magic treasure.

:)