Wedding bands in the Shop

Do you wear wedding bands in the shop

• Yeah I wear one and always will.

Votes: 62 33.0%
  • I wear one, but deep down know I shouldn't because of safety reason

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • No way, no gesture of love is worth me losing a finger

Votes: 55 29.3%
  • I have to, the Mrs wor Mr would kill me if I didn't. Lose a finger or lose my life...

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I take mine off, but only inthe shop.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • I used to take mine off, but I kept forgetting toput it back on. See question 4 of why I wear it now

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I am not married (and pity those of you that are) so I would not wear one even if Iwas

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I am not married (but am jealous of you that are) so I would wear one if I was married

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I have had mishaps with my wedding band

Votes: 14 7.4%

• Total voters
I remove both the wedding band and on the right hand a turquoise ring that I have... I've already had to have the wedding band cut off my finger when the two bands separated. Don't want to damage it again, so when I go to the shop it goes on the dresser. Otherwise, never leave the house without it.

Power tools > wedding bands !!!!!!!!!!!

Never really thought about the wedding band thing, I just always take off my band when I work. I guess I"m afraid of looseing it, and I've heard of accidents dealing with wedding bands!!! Marshall :wave:

I wear my wedding ring and other such items only when my wife and I go out for the day or evening. Being "retired", I'm always doing some kind of work around home so it's best to play it safe and leave my ring in a dresser-top box. My wife is the same way -- jewelry for work and going out; otherwise, it's in her jewelry cabinet.

For most of my life, I was in and around electronic equipment. Keeping a ring on one's finger is NOT the way to find out you forgot to disable any portion of the circuitry! It became second nature to remove my ring and put it in my pocket.

My wife and I are totally committed to each other. No rings are necessary to remind us of that! :thumb:

Wedding bands in the shop

I have had it on for the past 53 years. Worked around machinery for 63 years and have never had a problem. They did put tape around it when I was in for surgery. As they found out the only way to get it off was to cut it off. Just as well though. If it was easy to remove I would have lost it years ago.:rofl:

I have not worn a Wedding Ring for about Thirty Years now I guess. It stems from my work as a Railroad Special Agent and we couldn't wear them working because other railroad workers had accidents with them. Then of course the fact that when I got married I was 157 pounds and I am now about 100 pounds heavier and it won't fit my fat finger.

I've always taken mine off when I work. When I was in high school I worked at an appliance store part time and the guy I worked with jumped down off the back of the back of delivery truck with a lift gate but didn't make it to the ground.... his ring had hung up on the edge of the folded tail gate and it darn near pulled his finger off his hand:eek: They almost had to amputate the finger but in the end saved it. Another incident was when a fellow mechanic was removing a battery from a car and his ring shorted between the wrench and ground and instantly glowed dull red before he could react.:eek: It kind a cooked one of the tendons a bit. Both times the ring had to be cut off and have a long rehabilitation period.:( After that it just became second nature to slip my ring into my pocket when going into a shop to work.:eek:

I always take mine off when I am at home. Tie it up with my watch. When I go out I put my ring on with my watch. Not a lover of any jewelry.

Like Royall I learn't long ago the dangers of working with any kind of metal on my handls and that includes watches. I started out in electronics working in a Television repair shop when i was still at school. If you have anything metal around the high voltages in the back of the TV set in those days you sure got to know about it. It was also drummed into us at school during metal work shop class.

I think Vaughn's recent post on his glove encounter, loose clothing and jewelry are all safety issues to be dealt with.