Introduction from Remlik VA

Hi Barbara! Good to have another Virginian...and a gal at that! We woodworker gals need company that understands how troublesome it is to have wood shavings in your hair! :wave:
It's not just you ladies who get wood shavings in the hair. ;)

Vaughn 3 250.jpg

Even in a ponytail, mine's like a microfiber cloth. It picks up anything that even resembles a wood chip. Leaves, small twigs, leggy insects, you name it. :p

It's not just you ladies who get wood shavings in the hair. ;)

View attachment 18326

Even in a ponytail, mine's like a microfiber cloth. It picks up anything that even resembles a wood chip. Leaves, small twigs, leggy insects, you name it. :p

and of course, having a spinny thing lets you prove that on a very regular basis, right?

the LOML trimmed my mane down to a post-delilah samson-esque 1/4" a month or so ago, and only now has it grown in to where I'm thinking about a brush or a comb again. Of course my Kids pointed out that I'm thinning up there too... I think I'll be pulling a jackie Coogan this coming summer.

Boy, thanks for all the great welcomes; they just keep coming.

LOL I know some of you guys have hair longer than mine. I just bend over and shake the chips out Now chips down the cloths is a different thing.:eek:

Stu, I believe we have.:)

Rob, there were not many woodworking forums back then.

If any of you all ever get to Eastern VA, give me a shout. Yes, even you flat woodworkers.:D

A little late in the welcome Barbara, but I'm kinda new here myself. While I'm in my woodshop almost every day, my lathe has lots of cobwebs. I need to do what you did and start spending time on it. Of course then I'll want to get a good one... $$$$$. I had to pipe in here after poking around on your website... as one who mills my own wood (although not on the scale you do with your Woodmizer) I couldn't have siad this any better than you did...

"Wood is one of the most rewarding mediums available to an artist. Each piece has its own unique personality and beauty. Woodturning is a perfect way to display that uniqueness. Each time a log is opened whether by the blade of a sawmill or the tools of a turner it is like opening a surprise package. You never know for sure what is in there until it is exposed."

welcome barbara

well looks like this forum has become a turners forum and the flat landers can just set back and listen,, the spinny disease must be very contagious.. and sounds like you are very afflicted:D welcome and its good to have a mix of folk to make the pot better:thumb: