anybody got shopnotes #96 they could scan for me?

Mike Gager

its the only one im missing would like to get a copy of it if at all possible. pdf would be great if anyone could do that it would be awesome thanks

Mike, just a reminder that Shop Notes is copyrighted, and copying the entire issue might be a copyright violation. Although I doubt that the publisher of Shop Notes cruises forums looking for such posts, it would not be pleasant to be "selected" for a test case.

From the CofC: No member shall transmit content or otherwise conduct or participate in any activities on the Family Woodworking site that, in the judgment of Family Woodworking moderators or administrators, is likely to be prohibited by law in any applicable jurisdiction, including laws governing the encryption of software, the export of technology, the transmission of obscenity, or the permissible uses of intellectual property.

Nancy

Last edited:
Mike,
An issue that new should be readily available directly from ShopNotes. Since copying an issue for you would violate all sorts of copyrights, maybe you should just buy the issue. Travis has already pointed you to their website.

Nancy is indeed right, it would be a violation of Copyright Laws, and while I did not say it, I did leave the link for that reason.

Now this leads to another question however...does Copyright Laws have an expiration date like Patents do? The reason I ask is; I am an old woodworking tool buff and often get asked by people to photocopy the old manuals of these power tools. I always give another reason, but as a writer myself, I have no intention of breaking any Copyright Laws. After X amount of years is it okay to photocopy and scan stuff, or is that stuff always protected?

im sorry guys, i had not thought of that :bonkers:

i saw another post where someone was asking for a copy of a magazine thought it would be ok to ask

im sorry guys, i had not thought of that :bonkers:

i saw another post where someone was asking for a copy of a magazine thought it would be ok to ask

That's alright Mike. Here in the Northeast we just punish people that do that sort of thing by Tar and Feathering and running them out on a rail. You'll have to take a rain check on that right now because the railroad in my town is up for sale, and with 4 feet of snow on the tracks, nothing is moving for awhile.

In all seriousness, such a modern publication is copyrighted, but it will be very easy to get a copy of that magazine I'm sure.

I should get a subscription to that magazine anyway. I make a lot of my own tools,and once used a project in that mag. I pretty much just used the idea, but forged ahead with my own plans and methods of build. Its a great mag though. It just seems that one issue is awesome,and the next has nothing I would ever use?:dunno:

For what it is worth, I made a stainless steel shoulder plane from one of their issues around July 18th 2006. I remember because I was reading it as the Mrs was at the hospital about ready to give birth to our daughter. I don't know the issue # though.

Plane_Case.JPG

You might check at a local library for the issue to at least get some general dimensions from. Most likely it will be in the references section and you can't photo copy it anyway, but at least you could look at it for making your own notes about it.

yeah i will give the library a try they might have it there

i have a subscription but im missing #96, i have all the others

#96 being a very recent one - only two issues old - you should call them and tell them you never got it (if that's really the case, and it didn't just get lost or misplaced). They'll probably send you a replacement.

Other magazines have done that for me in the past, when I either haven't gotten one, or got a damaged one.