Cell Phone plans online??

Aaron Beaver

Anyone ever order a plan and phone off the net? I was wondering because it seems like online is the best place to get deals on the phones with all the rebates they offer, the phones are free or next to nothing. Didn't know if there would be any problems getting a plan from a net store.

I know you have to do a two year contract and the to get the rebates its very time sensitive and very specific on how you do the rebate, but other than that, why not get a good deal on a phone? From what I know you are turned over to the service provider you chose for the most part after you have made your purchase online.

Wondering if anyone has done it.
Thanks

Anyone ever order a plan and phone off the net? I was wondering because it seems like online is the best place to get deals on the phones with all the rebates they offer, the phones are free or next to nothing. Didn't know if there would be any problems getting a plan from a net store.

I know you have to do a two year contract and the to get the rebates its very time sensitive and very specific on how you do the rebate, but other than that, why not get a good deal on a phone? From what I know you are turned over to the service provider you chose for the most part after you have made your purchase online.

Wondering if anyone has done it.
Thanks

I ordered my first and second phones/plans online several years ago. The third and fourth were purchased in retail stores. On Sunday I got frustrated by what I found locally so I ordered 2 phones and a 2 year contract extension through Walmart.com (it was actually handled by letstalk.com). The phones will be delivered today. Total came to -$40 after rebate and free 2-day shipping.

Charles did you stay with the same provider? I looked at Letstalk and it seemed like to get the deal you had to switch providers but maybe I mis-read it. I will give them a call tonight when I figure out when phones I want.

Thanks