Tornado Lure or Earthquake Detector?

Hey, we are Agricultural American's not Rednecks gosh darn it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice execution of space....almost better then some of the stuff I have seen on Trading Spaces. I must admit one day I did see an episode where they took feathers and glued them to one wall, and then glued cardboard to another. I was amazed they even had the episode on TV...can anyone say FIRE DANGER!

The sad thing is, there is no building codes against stacking trailers like that where I live. You don't even have to be licensed to be a contractor here. Its downright crazy. My Massage Therapist has to be licensed, and all she does is rub my back every three weeks. The guy building my house...naaaa, he doesn't need any license of training or anything, he just needs a hammer!!:dunno:

Hey, at least they used handrails on the stairs.

I noticed a couple of cargo container boxes in the stack. I've seen pics of some low-cost modular housing made from cargo containers. Here are a few:

http://www.zigloo.ca/index/home

I suppose having a trucking background, I'm biased, but that Link is a pretty clever use of containers, considering just how many of them are available. I'm certain they never built more than a couple of them, due to the 'stigma' attatched to them. I wonder if that venture for affordable housing ever got off the ground.

I'd love to have a couple of cargo containers for storage sheds. They could be disguised to look nice, IMO. LOML would never go for it though, at least not at this house.

Back when I was playing in a high school rock band, we rented a railroad boxcar as a rehearsal place. There was a self-storage place in town that had several rows of boxcars that they rented out as storage units. A number of up and coming bands rented spaces there, and "The Boxcars" was a happening place for people to hang out and do what teenagers do on a Friday night. ;)

Over on MTF there was a guy that used two shipping containers to make a barn. He put them on a gravel base, set them about 12 feet apart and then mounted gambrel trusses on top of them. After sheathing everything in, and putting doors between the two containers. He had a decent sized barn

What this did was leave him enough room between his containers to park his tractor and a few more things in front of it.To the right and left of the tractor he had two storage rooms, 8 feet wide and 40 feet long, with a ceiling, floor, doors and was even insulated. With the roof trusses bolted to the tops of the containers, he had a huge loft for hay.

I am not sure if you could frame in a barn entirely for what he has into his barn or not? I would think the shipping containers would have to be some cheap to compete. But at the same time, you are getting an 8 by 40 foot space that is insulated, has doors, a floor and ceiling.:dunno::dunno::dunno:

I doubt I will go in that direction, but I did think it was a cool way of thinking with a box as it is.