Pitcure resizing

Thanks for that little jewel... I will use if for quick and dirty resizing because it's quick! I can open, resize and save all before CS3 (Photoshop) even opens all the way. I know... I'm impatient.

Thanks for that little jewel... I will use if for quick and dirty resizing because it's quick! I can open, resize and save all before CS3 (Photoshop) even opens all the way. I know... I'm impatient.

Yes you are impatient. I run an old copy of Photoshop 7.0 Talk about a study in patience.

Dave, if you'd like something equally fast, but with way more options, have a look at Irfanview. Also free, but very powerful. I use it daily at home and work.

Dave, if you'd like something equally fast, but with way more options, have a look at Irfanview. Also free, but very powerful. I use it daily at home and work.

Thanks vaughn... gosh I remember ifanview from years ago, then lost track of it what with changing computers and operating systems. Didn't even know they were still around and kicking. Will have to fire it up and see how much has changed.

Well, I have to jump in and recommend Picasa from Google. It's Free and you can download it here

It is a whole picture management system from the time you download from the camera to resizing and "exporting" to change the size of the pictures and the JPG quality factor. It will auto eMail pictures. and my favorite is picasaweb.google.com/bartee All of these albums were uploaded directly from Picasa. The notes can either be added on Picasa on your desktop or on the web.

Picasa has a couple of great tools for fixing the images. One is call "I Feel Lucky" which will completely adjust the color and contrast. It will do miracles on pictures. The other is a "auto contrast" that helps when the other does not. These are just 2 of about 25 features, include croping.

I of course do not have any financial interest in Google. I just think they make really good stuff.