more on cannons

Frank Fusco

When Chuck Thoit joined and showed his cannon project, it really got my attention. I have long been a cannon fancier. I have a collection of small cannons. Have always wanted a full-sized. Dunno if it will ever happen. This stage of life, spending multi-thousands of dollars on a lawn ornament may not happen. Enneyhow, my computer desktop has a cannon theme that gives me a chuckle everytime I look at it. I love Ziggy.

Attachments

• Ziggy small.jpg
    Ziggy small.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 46
Frank, It is never to late to build a cannon. And it can be done for a lot under the price you are thinking. Shoot me a pm if you want to go over any thing like where to get a barrel or wheels. I have done a lot of searching in the past few months covering such items.

Thanks. It is something on my very long 'want' list. A cannon would be just another thing my son would have to sell when I kick. Have to think about those things these days.
What I would like would be similar to what Barney shows on his home page:
http://www.southbendreplicas.com/index.htm
The Continetal, only full scale, about 2" bore, or larger to shoot tin cans filled with concrete.
I'll post my orginal signal cannon later. Off to church now.

OK I have this figured out. You bye the barrel and the wheels and the hardware kit. have them sent to me. I'll put it together and shoot and store it for you.Now doesn't that sound like a good plan.:thumb:
And when the time comes for you to meet your maker your son wont have to deal with it you can just leave it to me.:D:thumb:
Frank did you make that flint lock in your pic?
And did you see the double barrel flint pistol when you where looking at the cannon pic?

Last edited:
OK I have this figured out. You bye the barrel and the wheels and the hardware kit. have them sent to me. I'll put it together and shoot and store it for you.Now doesn't that sound like a good plan.:thumb:
And when the time comes for you to meet your maker your son wont have to deal with it you can just leave it to me.:D:thumb:
Frank did you make that flint lock in your pic?
And did you see the double barrel flint pistol when you where looking at the cannon pic?

Sounds like a plan. ;)
No, I didn't make the rifle. Will tell the whole story another time.
And, missed the pistol. Where is it?

Frank 1st page 7th row down second and third pic from the left.

Found it. Was looking in wrong thread. That is a beaut. Did you build it? I'd love to see in person. That is a real pirate pistol. Or, more probably a pirate repellant pistol. Not the sort of thing I would encounter with the ner-do-wells I hang with. Mostly long hunters, trappers, some river boat men (real scum buckets, those) and a few 'gentlemen'. Then, there is me. A former Revolutionary rifleman who came west after the war.

It is a little cutie. Jr has a nice report but for some reason he has to say every thing twice.
I did not build it. It is not for shooting ball just to make smoke and noise. they say it will shoot ball but I would not try it with an import from India. They use cheep steel that has been known to expand in the sun light trapping the ball.
One day I would like to get one of Dave's flintlocks or conn him into teaching me to build check them out. http://www.davidpriceflintlocks.com/