Cheese and Crackers, Anyone?

Cody Colston

Mesquite, 11 1/4" x 3 1/4" sanded to P600 with Zinsser seal coat finish. A fun project and LOML's favorite so far. The kit (glass dome, marble tile and knife blade) came from CSUSA.

Attachments

• Cheeseplatter005.jpg
    Cheeseplatter005.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 84
  • Cheeseplatter004.jpg
    Cheeseplatter004.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Cheeseplatter003.jpg
    Cheeseplatter003.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 62
Wow - great looking and functional! Love the color combination - the green of the stone really highlights the Mesquite! Also - I like the brand! You did a good job applying it - clean and clear!

Thanks for the comments y'all.

Nancy, yes the instructions come with it but to be honest, I didn't use them. Actually I forgot I had them until it was finished. I just went from memory looking at the picture and using calipers to measure for the dome, marble tile, etc.

I had to glue up two pieces of Mesquite to max out my lathe capacity (11 1/2") and I also placed a block on top because I wanted to raise the cheese plate above the main platter. The instructions show them the same height.

Steve, that brand gives me fits sometimes. It's really a guessing game to get all the letters burned in evenly without scorching around them. I've had to sand them off a few times and re-apply. ;)

Wow, nice work, and great idea. My mother-in-law brought one of those over for a garage sale last year, someone dropped the base and broke it. The glass has been sitting on the shelf in the garage since. I just about threw it out the other day, but I may have to try making one of those.

Thanks,

Hey Cody that is a real nice project. I think my wife would go for that one a lot also. We like to have a glass of wine and some cheese now and then. Just yesterday I opened up some Roquefort blue. Man that stuff is delicious.
It would look super served on that cheese server.

Thanks again, y'all. The encouragement from this group is absolutely great and very much appreciated.

Paul, I have no idea how long the "new member" status remains.

Cody, I seemed to have missed this one the first time around, that is really neat, I'm sure I could find a home for one or two of those :D

Paul, I think that until you post 30 times, you are considered a "New Member", IIRC.

Cheers!

...Paul, I think that until you post 30 times, you are considered a "New Member", IIRC.

Cheers!
Nope, after someone has been a member for about 30 days or so, they get switched over to "Member". It's not automatic, so I do it manually. I get a list of all the new members who've been here at least a month, and switch their user label to "Member". I try to remember to do it about once a week or so, but sometimes I'll not get around to it for a couple or three weeks.

I think I'll go do it now. ;)