Shop Art

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Just currious if anyone else has any unique shop art? I saw this one on another forum a while back and decided to make one for my shop.

My brother-in-law has a horse drawn road grater sitting outside and a bunch of antique tools attached to the side of his shop.

Attachments

• DSC01057.jpg
    DSC01057.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 392
Just curious if anyone else has any unique shop art? I saw this one on another forum a while back and decided to make one for my shop.

My brother-in-law has a horse drawn road grater sitting outside and a bunch of antique tools attached to the side of his shop.
Obviously a North American design as it cuts on the push stroke! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I enjoy seeing pics of shops with antique tools or memorabilia on the walls. I keep looking for someplace to hang something cool-looking but something functional always jumps up there first. There's got to be somewhere to hang something that is 'just to look at', all work and no play and all that. Maybe over by the water heater . . . .hmmmm.

Last edited:
How about this...
spacemanspiff-mid.jpg

This greats me at the entrance to my shop. My wife drew this for me, oh about 19 years ago when we were dating and she was a college student pursuing an art minor. She never did like it that much -- doesn't like drawing people -- but I've always liked it.

That's cool Bart!!:thumb:

I got this sign on my shop. Kind of sums it up.

I got other stuff on my walls that is certainly "art", but this is a family woodworking site and I can't share that here!! :)

63241.jpg

Bart, I like the clock, was thinking about using a clock kit with one of my old saw blades, never thought of putting the planes on there, was considering an old hammer and some pliers.

Art that is a great picture, I think family art is worth more than any I could ever buy. Have a couple of paintings around my son did that grace our house, wouldn't sell them for anything.

OK, here are my entries for shop art...

The wooden roster, which was a "white elephant" gift I received a few years ago at a Christmas party:

Shop Rooster 450.jpg

I got in trouble at the party for saying something about how big it was, although I didn't call it a rooster at the time. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. :rolleyes:

And a sign I picked up out of a trash bin at an airport construction job I was inspecting in the '80s. For now, it's attached to the inside of a cabinet door, due to lack of other wall space. ;)

FAA Sign 525.jpg

Not really art, but decoration nonetheless.

And a sign I picked up out of a trash bin at an airport construction job I was inspecting in the '80s. For now, it's attached to the inside of a cabinet door, due to lack of other wall space. ;)

View attachment 18534

Not really art, but decoration nonetheless.

That reminds me of this sign we used to have at the college radio station. It's semi-well-known, so I googled and found the text - or at least something pretty close:

ACHTUNG - ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das Machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren musten keepen das cotten-pickenen hands in das pockets - relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.

That should be easy to modify to hang on the shop door...

Art, when I was a teenager we had a sign with that statement taped to the side of our new-fangled microwave oven. (A true Amana RadarRange.) I still get a kick out of seeing it...sounds like a good sign candidate indeed. :p

supposidly originated in 1959, i had never heard of it before, pretty funny!

Attachments

• blinkenlights-original.gif
    blinkenlights-original.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 102